Should I buy this: Love your advice

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlts

Certified Computer Nerd
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am looking at buying an engine for the build and need your advice.

Is this engine worth buying for $200, it is a gpx 160ho. The seller has said it is all fine but that it wasn't picking second gear. Would this be a selector fork issue or the internal gears?

All up is this worth buying and would I be able to fix it for less than 80 bucks?

SAM_0324_zps39171126.jpg

SAM_0352_zps84863e2a.jpg

Any advice is much appreciated!!

Yeah thats true, just seems tough to find a second hand engine in good nick. Or a bottom end thats sweet

All good advice, could span out to as much dough as one brand new. I will hold my peace.

Cheers guys

Been speaking to another person in Brissy, he has a 155z that he will sell for $110, has a broken drive gear though. What are your thoughts on this?

IMG_79001_zps60324826.jpg

^oil slinger I think, some reason mine doesn't have it

Fixed my gearbox for $69 so if its just a gear box depending if a selector went or anything I think it's pretty good deal.
Sounds more like it could be a selector though.

The overall condition of it in my opinion it looks pretty raped Carlts its hard to tell mate from photos tho id give him a toothpick and pet rock for it.

If the case and main drive look like that id probably move along ...... Doesn't look like a great upkeep on it

Yeah, I am unsure, at this stage I am gonna leave these 2 and keep looking. I would happy to work on a bottom end if I knew the single problem it had. But I don't want to end up with an engine that has a whole host of problems and will blow the rebuild price out of control.

Latest posts

Back