Should i or shouldn't i ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im with you Nicky1980 run the twin coolers, there is probably a reason why Pitster brought out the lxrs with the twin coolers and even thou the engines a daytona not a zongshen it could only be good for it in keeping the engine temps down, the only time that extra 500 grams if that would mater would be if the bike was on Jenny Craig i mean who really gives a rats arse. I just also reckon they look good too. Well done mate this thing is gonna be a beast.

the lxr's twin cooler's are awesome

Id rather have extra cooling for my $1200 motor than a pound less weight go figure ..... im with ya there nick.....

an extra pound and a top heavy enging lol i think themountain is a little jealous of your awesome ride nick

Too much cooling can hurt the motor, with your twin setup have you thought about a inline thermostat to only run oil into the coolers when the motors temps are up ?

Cheers guys im sticking with my twin coolers

If it was going to hurt the motor im sure Dhz wouldn't sell the bike set up this way thats how they come from DHZ ive simply opted to put it together myself ..

The daytona owners manual states either :

Daytona Part# 61785
7-Core Oil Cooler Kit OR

Daytona Part# 62759
10-Core Oil Cooler Kit
(The same kit components as
#61785.)

Both are single HIGH-EFFICIENT OIL COOLER.

Im going to run an oil temp gauge to keep my eye on temp as it also states :

Engine oil temperature is to be strictly controlled at 90 degrees Celsius (194 degrees
Fahrenheit) or lower.
Serious damage will occur in the engine if engine oil temperature exceeds 90 degrees
Celsius or 194 degrees Fahrenheit.

Im not a newbie when it comes to bikes cars or anything mechanical

Anyway i might as well update a few extra photos while im here ..

Found some black cable tidy today and made things even nicer and also got out the dremel and opened up the hole in the bash plate so i can get at the sump plug now ...

2012-09-18180310.jpg

2012-09-18173202.jpg

Last edited:
Too much cooling can hurt the motor, with your twin setup have you thought about a inline thermostat to only run oil into the coolers when the motors temps are up ?

Thats not a bad idea mate where would i find one of these ??

Thats not a bad idea mate where would i find one of these ??

Takegawa do some as do Daytona, the Daytona ones are made by Earls (USA) and Enzed in Australia is a Earls agent so you might find them close by and easy to get hold of. $70-$100 range from memory

I'll have a look around for a link but your going to want a AN -6 size i think it is.. its been awhile since i was looking at them. I ended up putting a Takegawa clutch on which has the option to run a thermostat before it pipes it to the cooler so ive got a thermostat in the clutch case on mine :)

Takegawa do some as do Daytona, the Daytona ones are made by Earls (USA) and Enzed in Australia is a Earls agent so you might find them close by and easy to get hold of. $70-$100 range from memory

I'll have a look around for a link but your going to want a AN -6 size i think it is.. its been awhile since i was looking at them. I ended up putting a Takegawa clutch on which has the option to run a thermostat before it pipes it to the cooler so ive got a thermostat in the clutch case on mine :)

cheers your a legend mate theres an Enzed in Wollongong i think so i might have to hit them up .. its worth the money .. temps around 80 deg would be a decent number id say

would this be what im after : http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Universa...cycle_Parts&hash=item4845e56701#ht_1254wt_870

Last edited:
So...back on Topic :aetsch:....80 deg is not enough...your engine should run around 95° to be comfy:google:

So...back on Topic :aetsch:....80 deg is not enough...your engine should run around 95° to be comfy:google:

so the daytona manual is wrong is it ??

I dont care about your google search find someone else to annoy plz

straight from the book :

Engine oil temperature is to be strictly controlled at 90 degrees Celsius (194 degrees
Fahrenheit) or lower.
Serious damage will occur in the engine if engine oil temperature exceeds 90 degrees
Celsius or 194 degrees Fahrenheit.

I guess the ppl at daytona that designed and built these motors are wrong .

Last edited:
Twin coolers, who really cares, if nick wanted to save weight he'd probably opt for an alloy frame, opinions are like *******s, just some stink more than others.:banana:
lookin trick lad and another quality build thread by a dedicated minirider.

Well..if you are soo "experienced" with cars, bikes, etc you certainly know that, whats written there, is far from reality..just saying

YOU CAN EVEN PUT A THIRD COOLER ON IT, JUST TO BE SAFE....I REALLY DO NOT CARE !
:flipa:

He could put 4 coolers on it n I'd still like it, he takes time with his builds n bikes n obviously enjoys his time spent. Nice job on the wiring too mate might clean mine up a bit

Ive brought a TTO digital temp gauge with a threaded sensor and a daytona oil temperature gauge fitting that runs inline off one of the cooler pipes ... thats about as good as it gets to watch the temps ....

That's sick! I'm def going to get one when I get the 190f.
I wonder how waterproof the screen is.

Too keen to hear what you think about the engine when, you get to ride it.

Ive brought a TTO digital temp gauge with a threaded sensor and a daytona oil temperature gauge fitting that runs inline off one of the cooler pipes ... thats about as good as it gets to watch the temps ....

I run my temp sensors off the oil drain bolt

I was thinking about doing that but didn't like the idea having to unplug it every time I change the oil.... I've also got the Tto hour, tach.... The wire is huge on it any chance it can be shortened without affecting it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Deacon...... I've already got a Tto tach, hour meter on the dpro mate there definitely very water proof and do an excellent job too

YOU CAN EVEN PUT A THIRD COOLER ON IT, JUST TO BE SAFE....I REALLY DO NOT CARE !
:flipa:

Ok themountain :

Ur the peanut who originally asked why run two coolers.... If u don't care why ask in the first place? Go away already... No one really cares about your opinion

Wouldn't that mean the reading would be from the lowest oil temp in the motor (being that heat rises) just a thought.

Good thought Tim so eventually running it in line as in pumps up to the cooler is maybe slightly better..... Dunno but that's where mines going I've already brought the parts no turning back now

Latest posts

Back