Should i or shouldn't i ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickv1980

The Bling Kings!!!
Reaction score
Thinking about buying the new nitro circus Lxr with the anima 150f tomorrow put in your votes ! are these things the goods ?? ive been eyeing em off for ages now

If i do buy it my dpro 160 will be up for grabs...

2012-09-06152144.jpg

2012-09-06152123.jpg

im keeping the tag bars , boyesen racing cover and gear shifter ...

This isn't yet for sale and isn't a for sale thread just giving ppl an idea what might be up for grabs soonish and what they think .... should i take the plunge !!

Definitely do it man. Would be an awesome bike. Those 4 valve motors are supposed to be real good. Then you can start modding it up and get it looking as good as this thing. Expect to see pics of your new bike before the end of the week.

Definitely do it man. Would be an awesome bike. Those 4 valve motors are supposed to be real good. Then you can start modding it up and get it looking as good as this thing. Expect to see pics of your new bike before the end of the week.

Lol ok no worries Lets see what tomorrow brings im gonna go up dhz have a look see and might end up with one in the back of the x-trail

dr125 (keith) just bought a lxr nitro edition but just got it from dhz as a roller as he has the the daytona 150 2valve already waiting to go into it should be a great bike

i here nothing but good things about the anima my vote is LXR....

what are you wanting for the dpro nick ???

Lol i know mate ha ha im def hooked now i keep eyeing off the progressive link and drooling so im just gonna drop the ball and buy one i think . Join the lxr gang in style .

As for the price on the dpro needapitty ... not sure mate dont even know 100% if i will sell it unless i get a decent enough offer i dont really need to get rid of it . Ive spent heaps of time and money on it and its like my second child LOL

dr125 (keith) just bought a lxr nitro edition but just got it from dhz as a roller

do you know how much they are as just a roller?

The LXRs are a great bike, can push them pretty hard and they'll handled it, as for the daytona 150 you can't really do anything to it as far as making it faster like you can with the 160ho, the 190F is about the same as the 64mm V2 160ho's.
the 150F does sound good tho

Okay so the deed is done Lxr nitro circus / dayton anima 150f ...

I started to put her together today spent a few hours on it .

Got the motor in and front end all sorted out ...

Few issues nothing major : mostly due to the massive fat ass crank case on the anima 150f

The bash plate was a little out of whack and needed some massaging into place .

The sump plug hole on the bash plate is off by about 10mm due to wider casing no biggy thats what a dremel is for !

Rear brake pedal hits on the casing where it goes over the top of the peg due to the wider casing .... grinded down the top of the brake leaver shes sweet now.

the crank case vent on the motor is in a little bit of an odd spot due to the wider casing again .... had to run it on the out side of the frame near the foot peg then back in near the linkage otherwise it will kink up and cause dramas im gonna try sort something better out i dont like it... maybe try run it up under near the air box with a small filter

Couldn't get the front end apart .... pulled the fork tubes out undone all the top but for some reason the bearings are pressed tight onto the middle threaded tripple clamp tube that runs through the headset and through both bearings i gave it a few taps on top with a small rubber mallet to try get it to push through and out the bottom but no luck so i just packed a heap of grease into the top bearing while the top was all apart Put it all back together and its all good .. im not gonna hit the crap out of it and destroy the bearings until ive got a spare set on hand im going riding this weekend so last thing i wanted to do was wreck them.

One question im wondering where to set the fork height up at ?? at the moment ive got about 25mm sticking out of the top clamp and the overall fork measurement from the middle of the axle to the top of the tripple clamp is 705mm does that sound about right .....

Still alot to be done yet ill keep my progress updated here over the next few days

Heres some sneek peeks of the beast ... enjoy !

2012-09-12141340.jpg

2012-09-12142400.jpg

2012-09-12193420.jpg

So jealous mate, all i can say is watch this spot because i reckon this is gonna end up being one sick as bike, not that it isn't already. Cant wait to see what you do to it. Congrats on the new baby, keep us posted.:applaudit:

Yeah, awesome you pulled the trigger on it. Even though I said I wanted pics before the weekend, I didnt expect em !! lol

you're going to love that bike, congratulations on the buy.

for the forks depending on the track, but i mostly have mine set at 1 bar sitting above the top of the clamp on my LXR, on long wide open tracks with long wide corners i have it to the red top bit on my forks where you adjust the rebound (looks to be black on you'res) or 1 or 2 bars above the top clamp. so as high as you can put them.
for a tight track i have them lower, maybe 3-4 bars sitting above the top clamp. really depends on how tight/small the track is.

have fun

for the forks depending on the track, but i mostly have mine set at 1 bar sticking up on the top of the clamp on my LXR, on long wide open tracks with long wide corners i have it to the red top bit on my forks where you adjust the rebound (looks to be black on you'res). so as high as you can put them.
for a tight track i have them lower, maybe 3-4 bars sitting above the top clamp

Great advice. Well done

for the forks depending on the track, but i mostly have mine set at 1 bar sitting above the top of the clamp on my LXR, on long wide open tracks with long wide corners i have it to the red top bit on my forks where you adjust the rebound (looks to be black on you'res) or 1 or 2 bars above the top clamp. so as high as you can put them.
for a tight track i have them lower, maybe 3-4 bars sitting above the top clamp. really depends on how tight/small the track is.

have fun

Cheers for that mate thats the exact answer i was looking for +1 reps to you my friend

So higher is better for stability at speed and lower is better for turning into corners

Last edited:
sick nick, that looks the goods mate, cant wait for more updates. Wow ya lucky bugger haha

Latest posts

Back