Should i or shouldn't i ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so tonight i got motivated to put the carb and mani on until i looked at the inside of the manifold all i can say is it was garbage .... dags , dents and pitting the casting was horrible .

So i cleaned it up a little and hour or so of careful sanding / grinding and its sweet now .

The black dots you can see in some of the pictures is liquid metal because one spot had shocking pitting .

The original size of the head side of the manifold was around 29mm now its 30.2mm and matches the intake port spot on .

2012-09-19%2020.08.39_zps08244b58.jpg

intake port side :

2012-09-19%2020.08.14_zpsc15d41e3.jpg

2012-09-19%2020.07.33_zps3079a1e6.jpg

Carb side :

2012-09-19%2020.07.11_zps0055708b.jpg

Hey mate be careful making that inlet too smooth, apparently if its too smooth the fuel will bead on the walls and then you won't get as good of a air/fuel mixture into the head. At least that's what Ive read and heard. But yeah good job, those inlets are usually full of crap.

Hey mate be careful making that inlet too smooth, apparently if its too smooth the fuel will bead on the walls and then you won't get as good of a air/fuel mixture into the head. At least that's what Ive read and heard. But yeah good job, those inlets are usually full of crap.

Yeah cheers mate i know all about that too its pretty rough.. i used a sanding bit around 100 grit first then a fine wire wheel and last a buffing pad that resembles a really rough scouring pad and its still all scratched up nicely.

All the sanding marks flow in the opposite direction to the fuel flow to disturb it a bit more and keep the fuel atomised

Decided to scratch it up a bit more just to be sure its not too shiny ..

Used a mini 80 grit flap disc on my dremel it fit perfectly into the manifold .

Its defiantly nice n rough now with no dags or pits

2012-09-20184013_zps0d0c4bad.jpg

2012-09-20184028_zpsc303f5d0.jpg

Looks sweet!

Did you use the dremel to sand the middle part? When I tried with my dremel it wouldn't reach the middle, but my mani is a bit longer than that one.

Looks sweet!

Did you use the dremel to sand the middle part? When I tried with my dremel it wouldn't reach the middle, but my mani is a bit longer than that one.

I just used the dremel with a 26mm round 80 grit flap disc it reached in everywhere no problem..

Bit of an update :

Finished it off sunday arvo started it up she fired 3rd kick but ran like an absolute dog box ... backfiring and surging cutting in and out wouldn't rev for dogs balls to say the least i was very upset ...

Checked all my wiring 10 times over , manifold , pickup sensor ... tried different coils , spark leads , spark plugs .... Tried moving the pick up sensor closer to the flywheel by dremeling out the holes to elongate them a bit . Tried 3 different oko 26mms i had here .

Nothing worked at all it actually seemed to get worse and worse every time i started it.

Phone call to ken on monday arvo after work and after a bit of a discussion it was decided we would try a replacement cdi unit and new plug . Ken was excellent and sent them out express post straight away and always had the time to talk to me on the phone and through emails with quick response 100% Ken is a champion couldn't ask for better service ..

So today plugged in the new cdi ... chucked in a new plug and BAM started first kick idled up on the choke nicely let her warm up turned the choke off adjusted the mixture screw half a turn in and turned the idle down a tad and its purring like a kitten ON STEROIDS ... revs clean as a whistle im sooo happy right now ... i rang ken and told him the good news straight away ... to say the least we were both surprised it was a cdi failure especially a daytona cdi !

Thanks DHZ and ken especially for being supportive and backing your bikes 100%

Time to ride !!!

The finished product getting new oil and a quick detail .

This anima engine is in a league of its own the note it produces is really something else it sounds nothing like any pitbike engine I've ever owned .. to me is sounds almost identical to my crf 250 ... the cam profile and 4 valve head daytona have designed is insane .... Time will tell if it holds up to abuse obviously with proper maintenance as well.

Gonna get a vid up over the long weekend

2012-09-27165331.jpg

2012-09-23165121.jpg

2012-09-23165110.jpg

2012-09-23165054.jpg

Dude that is dead set sick!! Looks mint.

Love to see a vid of it in action.

Awesome mate love ya staffys just chilling in the background to. Front one looks just like my staffy she's called pumbaa, love em. Can't wait for footage.

Awesome mate love ya staffys just chilling in the background to. Front one looks just like my staffy she's called pumbaa, love em. Can't wait for footage.

Cheers mate yeah there my guard dogs well one is anyway the other one probably lick you to death lol.

Managed to take the lxr for a spin this arvo for the first time it runs great smooth as silk idles strong too ... i was a bit sceptical running 34/118 jetting in the oko 26mm with a 150cc but seems pretty spot on
Needle in the middle clip and around 1 turn out on the mixture screw

KC and Ken from dhz advised me to run this combo and they were right on the money Ill be able to see how well it runs tomorrow for the run in period down nowra when ive got some more open space and a longer ride

good stuff nick, cant wait for the vid and to hear the engine note and sound.

I'm from Nowra mate, are you going to the track or out pyramids? Piece of advise don't go out pyramids this weekend cause cops have been pretty common out there lately.

I'm from Nowra mate, are you going to the track or out pyramids? Piece of advise don't go out pyramids this weekend cause cops have been pretty common out there lately.

Going to the track gonna ride legal tomorrow :laughing-smiley-002

Whats the tracks like for pit bikes anyways ive been meaning to check it out for a while, ive had a few mates places to ride for free. Last i heard they were building a new pit bike track but do they let you onto any others?.

Just finished up at the track its not bad there's a few decent track a few bush runs dunno where I was or wasn't allowed to ride... half the time I didn't know where the hell I was on the bush tracks...

Bikes running sweet don't think I need to touch the Carby definitely a step up from the dpro. Feels like a big bike goes like a cat on crack too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

This thing is sick! Can't wait to get the anima! Keen on some vids!

Top work nick!

Latest posts

Back