Silencer Plug

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah there is some old guy that lives across the road from me, he is a ex cop.

and as soon as he sees my wheeling my bike out the drive way, he calls the cops.

cant see them banning pitbikes, if they did that then you would think they'd ban you from riding any other unregistered motorbike on PRIVATE PROPERTY.

it would take a bit to stop the sale of them then they would have to reclaim the bikes already in peoples garages.

i think they will stick to there good revenue raising techniques by catching unregistered pitbikes in the bush/on the road.

local council in east victoria past a local law that if you get caught riding your mini they confiscate the bike and give you the fine. then you also have to pay extra fees to get the bike back six months later

i know for a fact that in america police dont chace people when they see them on the street with their mini because that would put him and others around him in danger.

dont think they would have the same rule in vic though :eek:

why the hell be a smartass i_thump is just speakin the truth. i ride mine on the road to but only for like 1min to get in the bush and when im ridin past houses i cover my exhaust mith my hand so it dont piss people off. (its actually good for hand pump too) but yeah i_thump is right.

I agree you shouldn't be riding on the road but then you get blokes like rosetti saying he rides on the road but because he covers hes exhaust and is only on the road for a minute or so its okay, WTF. You dont agree that riding on the road is wrong and then admit to it. You sound like a smart ass to.

P.s Like what always happens on here, please start the bitching.:rolleyes:

Send 01nutracing a p.m and ask were he got his silencer from it works really well and quietens the bike heaps.

Last edited:
i sound like a smart ass?
then sorry, didnt mean to come off like that...

could repack your exhaust with heaps of stainless steel, that changed my 49cc 2 stroke from a really high pitched pinging noise to a more deeper throaty sound and made it quieter. Not sure what it would do on a 250, my 250 came with a silencer if your not bouncing off the limiter its quiet enough.

that actually looks pretty interesting, is that what you have twisties? how does it sound

nuh nuh i dont have one, i just found it on ebay and thought id post it up.

it looks heaps restrictive though.. i reckon youd have a big power loss if you used one of them..

i have one, it silences a bit, doesn't restrict too much, probably not under the legal limit but there is a decrease in decibels.

i was interested in 1 of them a while a go but now all me mates got bigger bikes so i diddnt wanna make myne to quiet lol. so just repacked it and waiting on my engine. lol

i just made a silencer, i found a bit of pipe that sleaved into my exhaust and welded a washer over it with about a 5mm hole..... makes a huge difference u can barely hear it.

i use a bmx footpeg. slide that in and i can ride it around horses when needed.

you do lose a bit of power and you seem to wind through the gears quicker. but if you want to make it quiter thats the loss your going to have to take.

yeah thats true i guess.

thanks for the info guys. ill try out some things and get back.

This is my silencer, if your planning on making you own make sure its tight so it doesn't fall out but not so tight that you can't get it out when u want to.:p

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P2190417.JPG
    P2190417.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 50
  • P2190418.JPG
    P2190418.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 48
that actuly looks pretty good.
looks like it would be very quiet
but wouldnt only 1 hole make you loose alot of power?

i was looking around in the garage and i pit a socket in the end of it... turned out to be very good :p

Latest posts

Back