Snapped did chain

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeebmx

Reaction score
Went for a ride yesterday in cranbourne/botanic ridge at the back of
the estate huge mud pit I thought would
be hell fun to ride through turned to
disaster. First got 2 bikes stuck my mates was just in mine had whole back wheel sunk thought id try
beat him
out by opening it up in first and pulling the bike out of the mud my
chain came off. After an hour of getting the bikes out and my chain
back on, we took off and started going up a tiny hill I went down a gear and accelerated hard. My chain snapped of brand new D.I.D chain only 15 mins max of riding time which
sucked

Tbh im not impressed with the D.i.d Chains , even the D.I.D professional chain i got is abit lower quality then expected.

Still one of the best chains you can get for your mini , but personally i prefer the rk

Yeah i got an RK never let me down. Although ill be buying D.I.D next for a bit of a test...

my mate towed me home on his bike just rope from his rear bar to my handle bars lol. 10-15 min ride home we done quite well
heres some pics guys.
IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

thats from start to finish. but my back wheel (monster plastics) sunk fully..

maybe when yr chain came off it kinked or fractured the link..happens all the time...

but id still take the chain back to where you got it for them to inspect it and maybe replace it..

well when a chain jumps off the sprocket it rolls along the outside of teeth which stretches the shit out of it, enough to snap it clean off, like your's did.....
which is why you need to take the time to tension your chain properly...

yeah im going to get another D.I.D and tension it properly, buy new tensioner bolts mine are bit ruined..
but was my first ride on that chain and the bike and the engines first ride. which sort of really pissed me off. lol

You cant really blame the chain,if i was the chain id abandon ship to being on a monster energy stickered bike.

Latest posts

Back