Snaptrax's 2000 KX80

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snaptrax

Miniriders.com Sponsored Rider & Master Spanner Sp
Reaction score
Well where do i start.
As some of you will know i brought a Rmx250 last year only to find out it was stolen.
So off to the cop shop it went, still havent seen my money or the bike :'(

But oh well i knew another bargain just had to come to me sooner or later.

And that it did.

Ended up picking up this little beast last night.
After seeing it posted on facebook within 20 seconds i commented sold so i knew i had first dibs on it.

I thought whoa this is too good to be true. $150(yup thats right $150) for a kx80 2 stroke needs a full bottom end rebuild.
I thought to myself who cares about the year I want It.
Best part was i just got paid about 3 hours ago.

So took a fair drive to go get it hoping it wasnt stolen or something when i got there

But the guy was really nice and genuine. Let me run the vin and have a look at the history of the bike
Sweet all came back good. No security interests

So i gave the guy the money and he wrote me a receipt.

So here is how it stands at the moment
IMG_20140816_1021341_zps333b941e.jpg

Needs a new set of sprockets so bad.
IMG_20140816_1021461_zpsd256c418.jpg

IMG_20140816_1402351_zpsfdb11dfd.jpg

Best part is it only needs a set of sprockets and a main shaft seal
20 for both of them WINNING

Cant wait to ride it Heading off to go buy a seal and sprocket so il let you know how it goes.
[video=youtube;SDFUsp2xDfs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDFUsp2xDfs&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Starts first kick too XD

Last edited:
Nope that's the best part. Hmm my pictures didn't work I'll take them again and up load them again.

sounds like a bargain ! good work

so was it just the chain jumping the front sprocket that the guy thought was bottom end noise ?

Sorry guys was out getting parts and stuff for it.

I have updated the first post with the right pics damn phone.

And a small video

Ended up being an $8 seal and a new set of sprockets and thats it.

Runs like an absolute charm

Thats awesome, a 2t midsize would be so much fun ! Are you going to get an aftermarket expansion chamber, or just use the stock one ?

Na man just gonna keep it stock. I dont wanna spend to much on it. But it is hella fun to ride

Yea fair enough, was there any wear on the sprocket shaft? Looking at the conditi0n of the front sprocket, I'd be checking it

Yea thats exactly what i thought but the shaft was good no nics or anything. So that was a relief

Thats good, I have mates that say its best to run a weak front sprocket, so the wear is transferred to the sprocket rather than the shaft.

Well guys today is the day.
Gonna take it out to ridepark haha
Gonna look full goon a 6ft2 guy on an kx80 haha. Wonder how many weird looks im gonna get
Il get some videos on how it goes
With a report on if anything breaks

Haha I'd love to Mr TimTim but I doubt Chris will let me ride it on the track haha

Haha I'd love to Mr TimTim but I doubt Chris will let me ride it on the track haha

But isn't this the last race ever for this track? Don't think he'll mind too much. + it's no more power than a Anima or some other engines that are out there, in fact how do you rate it compared to yours? Reckon it'd feel more powerful but side by side i doubt there would be much in it.

Well i can happily say that it didnt die with a 90kg 6ft2 guy on it haha.
But still awesome fun to fang around on. Although i will say that not having really ridden a 2 stroke before it was a new experience haha,
And also hitting power band while just taking off from a jump and landing in a pretty good wheelie off the down ramp was a really hair raising moment.

Videos to come soon as my mate uploads them from his go pro.

Honestly Timeeh its about the same power but has a wicked powerband.
Its gutless from bottom end but if you ride it in the band it is defiantly a bit more powerful.
Although it has a much better top speed. I was able to pass some 250s on it.
You should have seen some peoples faces when i got just the 80 off the trailer rather then my 290 haha.

2t ftw, i love how tractable the power is too (once you have one with a slightly smoother band) You can see why the exc 300 2t is so loved by the enduro guys.
Just wait till you get on a 125 2t if you havent already.. or even a 250 but the 125 is just as snappy but a little more usable (still quite brutal)
2t ftw

Yea man i see why now. I have ridden a Kx125 but i didnt really ride it to its full potential more just putted around.
I would love a yz250. Love me a 2 smoker

Missed out man. Macca the guy who came riding with us at Bonnie doon sold his for like 2,500. Was such a bargain.

Damn. That was a really nice bike quick as too.

Latest posts

Back