Some opinions on Exhaust pipes!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

br0die

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I'm looking at one of the following two exhaust pipes. I'm expecting a lot of people to vote for the Tuned pipe in favour of it's ability to be tuned, and the extra performance over the beast look of the twin kit, but I thought I'd make a post to get some input.

So the exhausts in question:

Pro Circuit T-4 Exhaust XR50 00-03, CRF50 04-09

Or

Big Bore Dual Exhaust System, Suit DHZ DPRO140

Now, I can pretty much afford either of them, it's just whether or not it really is worth spending the extra dollars for the T4 pro circuit exhaust.

At the moment my bike is entirely stock (except pro taper bars), but when this exhaust is wacked on, it will also be going on with a brand new OKO 26mm flatslide carby. I'm not too sure if this will affect the gains to be had out of these exhausts, but it's worth mentioning!

(This one, to be exact: OKO 26MM FlatSlide Carby Kit )

So basically, is there a noticeable gain in performance with the T4 over the twin big bores? I'm really not fussed about noise, so that's not a factor, more so whether or not it's worth spending the extra dough.

Let us know your thoughts!

Cheers,
br0die

the twin exhaust can not be compared to the T4 in any way.
The T4 is a performance pipe.
The twin pipe is for looks only.

Agree the twin just adds extra weight that is not necessary too, What about the FMF 4.1?

013.jpg

youd be better of spending the money buying a 88cc big bore kit

Yeh, I realise the two can't be compared, I was just more-so curious if the T4 actually made enough difference to justify the price difference.

I mean, if it's only going to squeeze a tiny amount more out of the bike, then I'd rather just spend less and get the twin kit for a bit of wank factor.

@Wipeass, I was looking at the big bore kits, which I was going to ask about later on down the track when I'm more comfortable that I'll be competent at installing one, but whilst we're on the subject I may as well ask anyway!

How am I to know what big bore kit will fit the PitsterPro 160HO engine? Or is it pretty universal?
I have no knowledge what-so-ever in this area, so that's why I figured I'd stay away and stick with simple things like changing exhausts :p

Firstly for those unaware what bike do you have? Need to make sure the exhaust will even fit before you buy?

There is plenty of other big bore single systems that will work fine & wont cost $300+

Is this the system you have now?>
PitsterPRO Big Bore Exhaust System

LX160%20RHS.JPG

If you already have the exhaust above then look at other areas for performance

Also does the twin exhaust come with a mount setup for the left side? I see that the muffler has a mount/clamp but what about the frame mounting?

Also, @Thumpinoz, I have a DPRO 160. My apologies for not mentioning this in the first post, I had it in my head that I did!

I think I need to get some sleep and revisit.. my brain just isn't functioning this afternoon, and people keep hounding me to fix things.

Yeah that first post is good to have all the needed info etc to get the help you need properly

This is the twin you would need but not recommended, It just looks good? (to some people?)>

Big Bore Dual Exhaust System, suit DPRO 160

EX-04.DPRO160.jpg

If your motor still has lots of compression you may as well run it for a bit longer? If your motor is getting tired then certainly the big bore kit will give you a noticeable gain

Well it's pretty much brand new, so I guess I'll keep running her as is then!
Yeh, I accidentally linked you to the DPRO140 twin system, just realised.

Alright, so for now I won't worry too much about anything performance wise, until she's had a good runnin'.

That'll put less stress on the hole currently in my pocket, too :p

Thanks for the input mate!

I've also been offered a used Five-O pipe.
Does anyone have any good or bad comments to add on Five-O?

I wasn't around when they were in business still, so I haven't heard any words on them.

im running the pister pro exhaust and im running 26mm oko with my 160 race engine with 184 kit

well i have alot of spare cash to spend on my bike . im getting all sorts done to my bike. to get it going the clappers. i asked bout an exhaust. one of the race motard bikes at motobike city has one pro circuit pipes exactly the same as the one on this thread an for the coin he reacons its not worth it for Sh!t an this guy sells these pipes lol. i was getting excited bout getting this sick looking pipe only to be told this ? now i just dont know . but i like the single pipe the best ... iv seen them in the flesh . their wicked looking just a lil pricey ay

Latest posts

Back