spluttering\bogging when you accelerating plz help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollis

Reaction score
hey everyone

ok when its no rev's and you accelerate fast it like boggs out and then stalls, can any1 help please
:confused:

Have ya had a look at the carby ?? sounds like a petrol problem.

If ya haven't drained it try that first....it's the phillips head screw on the side/bottom of the carby with the hose.

Last edited:
sorry to double post but sometimes when i riding along, ill be in second then ill change to third and it will just splutter and shut down. any ideas :confused:

you cant really fix it, it happens on heaps of bikes. just rev it to almost full throttle, dont pin it straight down.

yer i have already drained the carbie. say your in N and u just quickly put on the throttle, it will splutter and bogg out then stall, it happends in gear as well , it makes it realy hard now to do weelies and stuff lol, any ideas?

yer i have already drained the carbie. say your in N and u just quickly put on the throttle, it will splutter and bogg out then stall, it happends in gear as well , it makes it realy hard now to do weelies and stuff lol, any ideas?

have you checked the choke :confused:

it dosnt realy do it with the choke half of, but it dosnt go at all with the choke off, and half off when u go fast it goes blahhblahhballhh , it only goes with the choke full on

sorry i didnt mean for changing gears i just meant going from idle to full throttle

yer man i said befor lol it dose it from idle to full throttle or half throttle it dosnt matter how much throttle , it dose it when ever u put on the throttle fast from idle it just boggs out then stalls

my dhz has done it since i got it and i cant fix it goin to rejet it soon and try that

so the bike only runs with the choke fully on? do you run with the choke on? id start with a big tune of your carbie

My Pitpro 140 did this. Go to the richest setting on the needle clip, I found that was a cheap and easy fix although the problem isn't 100% gone.Not a problem on my MSO, it runs a different carb.

Naaa don't run with ya choke on ..... Bushy had a worked 140 and they screwed up the valve seats and like your's it would only run well on full choke.

All good till he overshot the downy and must have bumped the choke....two minutes later it was " how would you like your motor cooked sir "

So yeah hang about for no crf ...he knows what he's doin :cool:

ok presuming that your XR140 is still running same motor / carbie setup as mine then it will need a decent tune before it will run properly. I will start by asking if you know which way choke is on / off ? (push it down will turn choke off and pull it up will put choke on). Ok now that you have done that you want to start with checking what your carbie has in it already and what some of the stuff is set at. However be warned even with your carbie sorted properly if you go from nothing to flat out really quickly it WILL die out.

So best to start with is what does yours have? is it a the 1P56FMJ motor with Mikuni "30mm" 26mm carbie, 100 main jet, 20 on the other, needle clip on lowest setting
dual stage stocko air filter, stocko XR140 exhaust ?

Latest posts

Back