spluttering\bogging when you accelerating plz help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy oh boy do you have a lot of reading to do mister. Google is your friend, and so is the search button. Howstuffworks might have something on carbs. Sorry didn't know they come on the richest setting, mine was on second leanest.

Edit: ....how did you assemble the bike out of the crate?

Last edited:
how did i assemble the bike ? im not all shit with bikes lol i just dont know anything to do with carbies , i have had bikes my whole life

All good suggestions but have you worked out the choke yet?
If so just confirm which is the off position before you touch anything else.
Switch up=on
Switch middle=1/2on
Switch down=off

Hehe was just kidding Hollis :p We all had to learn these things at some point. Bit surprising you didn't know about the choke if you've had bikes all your life though.

There is a sticky on Mikuni carbs at the top of tech talk which explains everything with diagrams. You need to go thru it a couple of times to get it.

Nah leave it up so a few more can laugh at ya..haha...nah just joking mate,but maybe there will be others who do the same thing that will find this useful,hell if you saw this thread first you wouldn't have got it wrong yourself.maybe..jkn

haha shutup man, and yer i guess your right becuase afew people have already said how their bike does this aswell and wanna know how to fix it

the 140XR's do run like crap when they are new and take a bit of tuning to make them run better, i'm slowly making mine the best it can be and always tuning and testing a little bit more as I go along. You noted that even with the choke in what you thought was the On position that it had some issues running, in time you will get them sorted but so you don't do more harm then good you need to read and learn all about carbies before you go and try retune it.

I can tell you exactly what i'm running and you could go out and get the same jets and set it up exactly the same and have it not work properly, things like altitude, humidity, temperatures, ect ect will all affect how your motor runs. Once you have read and understand what the parts of your carbie are and where they are and what they do you can then try rejet and should have some success.

alright yer its goin alil better now i cleaned it out but yer ill see how it goes i went for a big ride today and it seems to be goin ok

I can tell you exactly what i'm running and you could go out and get the same jets and set it up exactly the same and have it not work properly, things like altitude, humidity, temperatures, ect ect will all affect how your motor runs. Once you have read and understand what the parts of your carbie are and where they are and what they do you can then try rejet and should have some success.

WORD :cool:

mine does this to i think it is because the carby is to big and the engine looses to much manifold vacum to suck the fuel through i am trying a 28mm flatslide oko on the weekend will let you know if it helps.

mine does this to i think it is because the carby is to big and the engine looses to much manifold vacum to suck the fuel through i am trying a 28mm flatslide oko on the weekend will let you know if it helps.

28mm is pretty big, I hope you have done some serious work to your head and exhaust.

what head and exhaust work is relevent to run a 28mm oko F/S?

Hey would some one be able to put up a diagram or some pics so he can find out what it all mean would proably help out outher people aswell :) I would do it but i only no the real basics of the carby.
Anywahy Cheers

yer iv been lookin at all them, it helps , some1 needs to post up pics and stuff of it insted of shity diagrams but yer thanks every1, i know all the basic's of the carbie and im learning more so yer all is good

Latest posts

Back