Sprocket size help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazle

Reaction score
what sprockets?

well as u may know i have a agb 29 and i was looking at changing my rear sprocket from a stock 43 to 41 im getting it sa fun bikes they said that it will fit my hub! here the sprocket http://shop.safunbikes.com.au/product_info.php/products_id/121

also i was looking at changing my front sprocket. I dont know what to change it to! it has a stock 16 should i go up to a 17 or down to a 15 or stay the same i am after more top end speed and a longer first and secong gear

so what would be the best sprocket for the front should i go up, down or stay the same?

any helps great!!

- Smaller front sprocket means more grunt down low but slower top speed
- Larger back sprocket is same as above.

- Larger front sprocket means less grunt but a higher top speed
- Smaller rear sprocket is as above

I rekon more bottom end is better for when your racing ya mates you want to be able to take off quicker out of corners etc and you will very rarely be using the bikes top speed.

If your going to mess with different sized sprockets start with the front. Reason is it is much easier to change from one to another.

for more top speed add teeth to the front sprocket an less teeth at the back
sprocket

i'm looking at getting new sprockets for my bike. gonna geta 17t front and a 35 or 37t, may loose a bit of torque but i don't care, it will go faster and thats all i want.

does anyone know where i can get a 17t front?

ive looked but i cant find anywhere

do atomik make a 50tooth rear spk? i want one 4 mine

ya want it snappy if your racing round track but smaller back then 50?

i gotta go bigger for my monos but not due to my 6 ft ramp

whats a good racio*

sprokets for agb 29 (atomic)

hi all :)

i have been reading some posts and think i want to change the sprockets from the stock ones. was thinking bout the 16 front and 34 rear combo. i have rejetted the carb and put a uni filter on but 1st gear is a bit useless. can anyone steer me into the right direction of someone reliable to get them through.

thanks
m

Sprockets?????

I Am Currently Running A 16 Front And 41 Rear On My Dhz Is That A Good Combination Or Is It Worth Changing ?????????

I just changed from a 14 front 37 rear to 14 front 41 rear and I like it heaps better. I haven't noticed a big change in top speed but it has plenty of grunt in low gears.

Latest posts

Back