Sprocket size help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is neally useless for uphill it revs so hard going no where.

on anouther note just moved to new area and am having a ball finding the tracks over here. its like after every corner there is a surprise waiting. some times a nice strait to get into it or a hill or jump with sand everywhere ( much softer to crash on then the rocks i rode before)

back to my topic.
im not sure on the best way to go with spockets. mainly do bush riding and bit of jumping (nothing crazy) with a few hills thrown in. just know the stock atomic ones are not what i need.
any help will be great

m :)

A one tooth change on the front is worth 4 on the back. A one tooth change to the front will make approx 10% difference in gearing and two teeth on the back about 5% change.

aceleration

hey guys,
im kinda new to the mini bike scene. bought a pit bike bout 3 weeks ago now.
when i acelerate, it seems as thought it is choking. sorta sounds as thought the bike is struggling for fuel.:confused:
any ideas on fixing the problem would be greatly appreciated.
cheers,
mitch

clean out the carb & see how she goes. somtimes it's just a bit of dirt caught in the jets.

make sure your fuel line isnt kinked or folded over and cable tie it down to the air filter so that the fuel can run through it properly...or buy some good fuel line

yeah what bike is it my mates dhz140 had the same problem .
we just pulled the little metal piece that holds the choke off the carby and bent it a little that stopped the choke coming on now it rips.

bike speed

hey guys,
bought a 2007 Orion 125 recently. was just wondering what mods or ajustments you can do to improve the acceleration or top speed of the bike.
dont wana go spending a fortune, but any help would be awesome,
cheers, mitch:)

changing sprockets will help the accelleration OR the top speed, depending how you set it up, but not both ;)

also pretty cheap

yeah i would firts change your rear sprocket to a 37tooth and keep the front one the same if its like a 15 or 16tooth.

by far the cheapest way, also also you to use first gear more, i know with my bike i never used 1st gear only when running it in, but now i have a 140cc so its different altogether

could be one of a few things on all new bikes esp with the little air nozzel connected by the small lenght of hose can be blocked and its usually the last thing people suspect as the problem other things to look at are
dirty fuel in tank/carby
fuel cap/nozzel blocked creating a vaccume
valve clearance
fuel filter

I never use first, got a lifan 125, 37 tooth rear sprocket.

i think the gearing in the gearbox was slightly different between my lifan 125 and lifan 140 ... the 125 came with a 14 front and the 140 with a 16

first gear was always pretty short, but then there was a huge gap going into 2nd... it would bog down thru the really tight stuff in second but drop back to first and it would nearly throw you over the bars from the engine braking... so i went down 2 teeth and the front and basically just use 2-3-4... take off or do wheelies in first thats it

help!! 5th gear on a atomik ax 125?? anyone

hi i ride a atomik ax and a 50cc smoker i just bored my smoker and now i want to add a gear to my thumper i think i need a new clutch basket or something so yeh ne ideas??

Latest posts

Back