Sprocket size help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't need a 5th gear.. You'd have to buy a different engne.

just change ur gear ratio! smaller rear or a bigger front cog... should saut shit out with less hassles

if you change the sprockets get as good exhaust or something to help with the acceleration so u dont lose too much bottom end

changing sprokets

hey people
can someone explain to me, the changing of sprokets- like bigger at the front and smaller at the back....

Hey mate, Welcome to the Forum!
we CAN explain it.. or it can explain itself..

You ridden a push bike with gears before!?? think about this for a moment then put it into a comparison with your minibike...
OR
search.. :D

Hey guys,

as many time as it has been answered i still dont really understand so i myte aswell just be told what to do.

I want new sprockets that will go faster in lower gears for better take of butt wont effect top speeds. so if anyone know what i should do pleas pm me i will be muchly ghratefull

thanx myles

- Smaller front sprocket means more grunt down low but slower top speed
- Larger back sprocket is same as above.

- Larger front sprocket means less grunt but a higher top speed
- Smaller rear sprocket is as above

I rekon more bottom end is better for when your racing ya mates you want to be able to take off quicker out of corners etc and you will very rarely be using the bikes top speed.

If your going to mess with different sized sprockets start with the front. Reason is it is much easier to change from one to another.

Mate this is all wrong. Its totally opposite. Think about what you say before you post please. Think about it.

Think of a front sprocket of 4 teeth and a rear of 8. For every rev of the front the rear sprocket will do half a rev. Now reduce the rear sprocket to 4. Now one front sprocket rev will do 1 rev. Which will give u more acceleration and you will end up running out of revs. Do you see now? One rev of the front will only give u one rev of the wheel. While with a 4 to 8 ratio the wheel will do half a rev....?? anybody getting it?

Latest posts

Back