Stalling With Irk???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SEDUCE

Reaction score
Hey guys i want to know if anyone has a fix to a lifan 140cc that has a IRK and a billet oil sling fitted and the bike stalls if it has been reved.

if i just let it idle down slowly it will idle but if i give it decent rev it will die. has anyone got a fix to it or know how to stop it?
thanks guys
they are the only mods that have been done

all bike with irks do this adjust ur throttle cable up so that it revs high so it wont stall

Do you mean it stalls when you are in nuetral or when you are taking off?

no sidney when ur riding a bike with an irk u have to keep the revs up otherwise it stalls

Yeah I know. You can buy an oil slinger weight which doesn't let it stall so easy.

yes it does u dont even know what ur talking about
he has an oil slinger
most every pitbike with an irk has a lightened oil slinger

it does it all the time neutral or riding. it stalled on the big step up at boxys in mid air on his race day.
i have heard of this weight u can put on the sling??

yeah i know any one have any info on it or know where i can get one?

ok u 2 stop ya bitching

and as for the THREAD TOPIC

mate i have an inner rotor fitted on my bike with the slinger as well
all i can tell you is .i just adjusted my idle a Lil and changed the way i ride it ,
IE i keep the revs up and go hard , still stalls on me every now and then but when she's warm she's much better but still stalls

i have been told you can adjust them but i wasn't game as mine works

maybe some 1 with a Lil more knowledge will drop in and give you some better tips as i will be interested as well

its due to the weight loss on the crank wich causes the bike to stall as u have lost all the enersher of the motor to help the motor tick over when throttling off ,as the bike revs out fast and in turn drops revs quick

cheers

ok u 2 stop ya bitching

and as for the THREAD TOPIC

mate i have an inner rotor fitted on my bike with the slinger as well
all i can tell you is .i just adjusted my idle a Lil and changed the way i ride it ,
IE i keep the revs up and go hard , still stalls on me every now and then but when she's warm she's much better but still stalls

i have been told you can adjust them but i wasn't game as mine works

maybe some 1 with a Lil more knowledge will drop in and give you some better tips as i will be interested as well

its due to the weight loss on the crank wich causes the bike to stall as u have lost all the enersher of the motor to help the motor tick over when throttling off ,as the bike revs out fast and in turn drops revs quick

cheers

yeah i understand whats happining but i need to know how to fix it, i rev the hell out of my bike and it still dies. which screw is the idle to adjust it?
thanks for your help mate.
here is the size of the jumps i was doing and it kept wanting to die
Picture005-4.jpg

on my bike there is no adjustment for idle on the carb
just throttle adjustment

as for a weight isn't that defeating the purpose of having the alloy sling
if that is the fix all which i doubt just get a standard sling and machine it down

yes i no boxys place i live about a 3 min drive away

surely there was some1 there who could have help ya tune it

Ok Guys the reason the motor stalls is because you no longer have the comfort of a weighted flywheel and oil slinger to assist the engine on the strokes that it is not firing to keep the engine turning over. the easiest way to tame this down is to adjust the idle to a fast idle, The idle screw is the screw that is in the same area as the carby slide. normally at a 90deg angle in the lower middle of the slide housing. If you have a really bad case of stalling you may also have incorrect timing adjustment . This is now adjustable (usually) when you have fitted an IRK. if you dont know what your doing to adjust the idle and the timing take it to someone who does and spend a little coin and get it sorted by a pro and enjoy the better performance. It shouldnt take long to do by someone who knows what their doing.

hi i have a irk in a 138 lifan and i have the pick up coil of the inner rotor fully retarted that is the little coil with the white wire and turn up the idle a little and it runs very well

on my bike there is no adjustment for idle on the carb
just throttle adjustment

as for a weight isn't that defeating the purpose of having the alloy sling
if that is the fix all which i doubt just get a standard sling and machine it down

yes i no boxys place i live about a 3 min drive away

surely there was some1 there who could have help ya tune it

well boxy did tune it but i never noticed it before but i had only just got the irk fitted before he tuned it, i only had a oil sling before that and it went ok.

oh ok bud i thought some 1 would have help ya out there

Mcanix explained well with the timing adjustment

it's pretty simple to do when you remove the side cover you can see the I/R
on that theres 4 phipps head screws the side that is the smallest id undo those and slide the timing up ,u could try this with bike idling so you can sort of tune it by ear,only very small adjustments at a time .

Same as you would do an old holden motor when you adjust the distributor

also do the carb idle if you have adjustment there if not adjust the throttle lever

that is my untrained advise

cheers

oh ok bud i thought some 1 would have help ya out there

Mcanix explained well with the timing adjustment

it's pretty simple to do when you remove the side cover you can see the I/R
on that theres 4 phipps head screws the side that is the smallest id undo those and slide the timing up ,u could try this with bike idling so you can sort of tune it by ear,only very small adjustments at a time .

Same as you would do an old holden motor when you adjust the distributor

also do the carb idle if you have adjustment there if not adjust the throttle lever

that is my untrained advise

cheers

thanks for that mate.

Latest posts

Back