Stalling With Irk???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are the irk and oil slinger worth the money for the performance they produce

I dont like them (you stall too easy and gear changes dont "feel" right).

Another answer to your stalling problem would be to get your original oil slinger lightened (I cant help with how much weight you should take off) but so that it is heavier than the current one.

QUOTE][/it all comes down to personal opinion but i rode seans bike with 1 and now im gettin 1 theyre awesome
what sort of ridin do you do i'm more into jumps and super moto:)

how do you get the stock flywheel off, i tried to undo the bolt but that makes the whole thing turn.how do you stop this?

its easier with an air ratchet
but if u dont have 1 of those its gonna take a long time

its easier with an air ratchet
but if u dont have 1 of those its gonna take a long time

argh do you even know what your talking about ??? , have you taken one off ???

I dont think so by your comment. You need a special tool (flywheel puller), only about $30 or so.

Look at my kitaco IRK on my motor, ive put this on i know whats needed unlike some of these fools on this website.
DCP_0505ss.jpg

Last edited:
He means the 14ml nut.

You need to use two sockets at a time, 1 tightening one of the small nuts on the actual wheel, and you set the other ratchet to loosen the 14ml nut.

argh do you even know what your talking about ??? , have you taken one off ???

I dont think so by your comment. You need a special tool (flywheel puller), only about $30 or so.

Look at my kitaco IRK on my motor, ive put this on i know whats needed unlike some of these fools on this website.
DCP_0505ss.jpg

lol i know ah i fitted mine to my bike.
you need a rattle gun to get the 14mm nut off then can use 2 screw drives and a hammer (lightly tap) it off thats how i got mine off.

hehehe bahhhhhh hehehehe

or if ya want u can watch my vid

i even did one 2 and guess what so did jono

pmsl and many many many more

socket 14mm shove a screw driver in 1 of the holes in the flywheel to stop the thing turnin and hey pesto oh and if ya aint got a pull forget it
also a impact driver is handy ....i use my impact 18 volt LXT Makita drill

why COz I CAN

CHEERS

i saw i vid yesterday on how to install a irk and oil slinger, then they started a stock 140 gave it a rev then did the same with another 140 with an irk and slinger. could'nt belive how fast the motor wanted to rev up:eek: . goin to order one on monday now.:)

i saw i vid yesterday on how to install a irk and oil slinger, then they started a stock 140 gave it a rev then did the same with another 140 with an irk and slinger. could'nt belive how fast the motor wanted to rev up:eek: . goin to order one on monday now.:)

oi did the guy in the vid have abald head sort of and did he look like he was drunk ,

i think i no that guy ,he's a champion always up for a tech tip

oi did the guy in the vid have abald head sort of and did he look like he was drunk ,

i think i no that guy ,he's a champion always up for a tech tip

yer that dude rides good too so does his son

yeah snitchy i think that was him, it was a handy vid to watch. can not wait to race my mates with it in.

hahaha!

i was thinking about getting an irk for my bike, but im reconsidering now coz i dont realy want my bike to stall all the time.

i know but i mean just while you are riding, its not the riders fault if there is actually a mechanical problem lol

it's niether mechanical nor rider it's just enersher and it dont do it unless the revs drop

this is getting way old

its not the irk fault, so it would have to be from the riders, you can up the idle a little to help, but the main fix is to change your riding style and always keep the revs up, i have one and i barely stall it ever now, when i first put it in, it was a different story, but after a couple of good rides you find out how to use the power and really start to enjoy the way the irk allows your bike to rev up faster

Latest posts

Back