Step up to 250 production from minimotards

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barnesd09

Reaction score
Its been a while since I've posted on here, but a few know that I have been trying to keep mini motard happening in Vic through the SWMMC, but more importantly, I've made the step up to racing 250 production class on a Hyosung GT250r.
Funny though, these bikes are actually no faster around Broadford than a 160 pitbike on slicks.
I spent a day up a Winton testing the other week and put a Youtube video together and thought I'd share it with you all.
[video=youtube_share;uUDBudID3-M]http://youtu.be/uUDBudID3-M[/video]

Nice work Dave!!! Looks like you embarrassed a few blokes on much larger machinery too!!!! LOL

Much larger Japanese machinery LOL. I wouldn't of thought they would be putting out much more power than the pitbike? surely a V2 would give it a better power to weight?

Much larger Japanese machinery LOL. I wouldn't of thought they would be putting out much more power than the pitbike? surely a V2 would give it a better power to weight?

i would say on the dyno that GT250 would have less pony's that a worked pitbike for sure..

great riding !

The GT250 pushes 26hp so not much more than a worked pitbike, only difference is, has a bit more torque and weighs about 145kgs with all I can legally strip off it.

It is soo much fun riding around the track and going around guys on much bigger bikes.. get back to the pits and they all comment "your riding that 650 well" only to be told its a stock 250 and watch them walk away with their tail between their legs.

Dad also has one but his is the EFI model and we will be testing that soon too, I have a feeling its going to be much quicker than my Carby engine, well much more responsive anyway.

We will be doing the Pirelli series and VRRC, plus if time and money allows, the ASBK rounds.

"your riding that 650 well" only to be told its a stock 250 and watch them walk away with their tail between their legs.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hows the RGV going ringo? Shredded any more rear tyres?

We are going to Broadford of Feb 3rd for the Preston race school, so I'll get some footage of a few laps around there and helmet cam too for those that asked.

Fast, smooth and consistent riding mate, its a pleasure to watch, your corner speed is awesome to watch.

Latest posts

Back