STR lxr brake adaptors and brake/oil lines review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyxxx

Reaction score
Hi guys i thought i would do a review on my STR (sik tendencies racing) lxr brake adaptors for yzf 250/450 master cylinders and cr85 front calliper and kx 65 rear calliper and brake and oil lines .

I will start by telling why i decided to do this upgraded, i brought a pitsterpro lxr second hand and was having problems with the rear brake as there was air trapped in the line somewhere and was having great difficulty getting it out, So i knew i wanted to upgrade the brakes so i just gave up and brought this set.

Ok now to the product it came packaged very well and everything come with instructions, except for the rear adaptor but if you have half a mechanical brain it’s pretty simple to install . The actual brackets and lines where a dream to install no stuffing around and everything lined up perfectly normally when you get something like this something tends to stuff up, but this was so easy and simple to install. The build quality is exceptional as well they feel bullet proof and i think they will last a long time. And the problem i had with bleeding the china brakes, the time i tried bleeding them i had this kit and brakes up and running so yea alot easier to use.

I also think if you have a cini or revmx or any china bike this kit will work on your bike as they use the same brakes, but the front calliper kit will only work on marzoochi or any copy i.e gpx , which is what i have .

Pros: easy to use, can get alot better brake pads and easier to install them , reliability , can’t go wrong with a nissin setup

Cons: after i brought these items from STR he was hard to get in contact with.

I will always be making this upgrade in the future and definitely recommend it 110%
p.s if you have any questions or need help with anything please ask, and sorry this is my first review be kind lol

Good stuff , they do look trick .

Still dont no if i can justify the price tho.

yeah, it is pretty expensive but each to there own, you could just do the mater upgrade just leave the calipers ?

ahh billy u got me wantin to spend more money boii

nice one dude some good pics, i bought the front adapter to run a nissin calliper for supermoto, yet to fit it tho so will use your pics to go by:beerchug:

Can you post how much you spent all up, including all the new brake components,

on a side note, the front brake of a rm85 (and I think a klx85 too) works on marzocchis with a simple drill and tap of one hole in the mounting bracket that comes with the stock brakes, then you need to get a couple of 10mm spaces and its on, costs about $100-$200 from the states as there are plenty of wrecked bikes over there, the brakes your looking for are Tokico ones, they are dual piston and the one I have rigged up brakes great, pulls the bike up with very little pressure on the lever

hey teapot its pretty simple mate but if you need to ask any questions you no where i am.

and fusedminis i paid $190 for the masters and calipers delivered , $230 for the adaptors delivered and $180 for the brake oil/lines heres a link to his page on planet minis Sik Tendencies - Planet Minis
there is better photos on there of the stuff on other bikes

Nope $400 for the brakes $200 for the brake and OIL lines you dont need to get the lines

Nope $400 for the brakes $200 for the brake and OIL lines you dont need to get the lines

When you put it like that....... cheap as bro :)

You didnt look into second hand stuff??

I think I will still take my option of just upgrading the front to the decent stuff and then bleeding the back brakes, really all they have to do is lock up. $600 in brakes is just plain crazy but if you like them then good for you.

I upgraded to the pitster pro (LXR) fronts :confused: then i saw this thread, hope ive done the right thing, other wise it will be a third set ill have to buy and try.

Last edited:
yeah i like the feel of them alot, i havent ridden with them tho just down the street but i could definitely feel the difference , obviously not everyone can afford this upgrade i just put up a review for those looking at upgrading to something better, if i ever get another bike i will do this upgrade again !

Why use a YZF master cylinder with the CR85 front caliper ? ... Why not just use CR85 master and caliper ? ...

wouldn't make it any easier ! the adapters where made for yzf masters so thats what i got

The CR front master cylinder bolts onto the handle bars ... no adaptor needed ...

he was just saying it would be easyier just to get a CR80 complete brake set up from a wrecker, save bits n it up

Latest posts

Back