Strong Frame

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they painted orange OR powdercoated ? Also what diameter is the swingarm pivot bolt hole ? They look like 12 mm . It's also possible that they may take longer forks than standard length AS-02's ........

Powdercoated

Yes its 12mm hole

as for the forks i dont know

Powdercoated

Yes its 12mm hole

as for the forks i dont know

I emailed Ken at DHZ and he said the longer forks work best (700 mm long fork tubes) You can get Fast Ace forks in various lengths ... 645 / 700 / 730 mm . And since the frames take a 12 mm swingarm pivot bolt , that means you need to get a swingarm with matching bearing sizes or change your existing bearings if the bigger one's will fit .

Fastace

You can actually get bearing kits for 10mm or 12mm swing arm bolt holes..

The outside diameter is the same on all swing arms. So you just order a swing arm bearing kit. Comes with the bearings, spacers and the swing arm bolt.

35 plus ship from DHZ

I have a rear wheel on a 12mm axel so if i get any swingarm i should be able to get the correct bearing kit to run the axle i need?

I have a rear wheel on a 12mm axel so if i get any swingarm i should be able to get the correct bearing kit to run the axle i need?

The 12 mm pivot bolt we're talking about is where the swingarm bolts to the frame ..... they have a HUGE pivot bolt that looks like a 12 mm rear axle but is shorter ......... I ordered 3 new bolts from DHZ and got sent the 12 mm ones . At first I thought they were rear axles but they turned out to be swingarm bolts ...... my mistake since I assumed they were ALL 10 mm ..... LOL ...

As for using a 12 mm axled rear wheel ...... you can buy swingarms that take a 15 mm axle OR a 12 mm axle . If you wanted to run a 12 mm axle in a 15 mm swingarm you'd need to make reducing bushes .

You CAN buy straight alloy swingarms in 12 mm ...... I got one by mistake from buythisdirtbike ......... I haven't touched it yet since I have both 12 mm AND 15 mm rear wheels but I normally mark out and file the slot to suit a 15 mm axle . I've done a few triangle swingarms for a relo .........

I knew that you meant the swing arm bolts but i wasn't sure if when you were talking about the bearings that you meant you can buy bearings to fit a 12mm axle or 15 and it was a standard slot for them to go in?

Not sure if that makes any sense but i guess i'll be best off to buy a new set of wheels cause i am thinking about buying the AS-02s for the front and i'll need a 15mm up front then too so might as well just get the set then.

So stumbows you want to know if a wheel with a 15mm axle can be sleeved down to fit a swing arm that has a 12mm axle?

If thats what you are saying.. You can actually grind out your swingarm to suit the 15mm axle or you could purchase a new swingarm to suit for about 100 bucks delivered..

well see i haven't bought one yet and the one i like is for a 15mm axle.

Now the easy way out if buy new wheels and the cheap way out if modify them so i trying to work out which is more efficient.

Is just a case of putting smaller bearing into the swing arm or do i have to sleeve the axle. Because i already have a 12mm axle.

I would recommend upgrading the wheel set as you plan to buy as02s which have a 15mm axle anyway so you will be up for a new wheel then.

Sleeving a wheel can be done but I personally don't think it is worth the effort.. If you want to discuss further feel free to add me to msn.

[email protected]

Ok that's fair enough and what about the brake?

I have a front and rear set off another bike which i want to transplant, the offset should be the same shouldn't it?

Ive come across different hubs etc.. best thing to do is take all the measurements of the parts you have and email or go in and see a supplier they will be able to tell you if they have the parts to suit etc..

I have personally emailed maylands performance and DHZ before and found them both to be very helpful..

Alright cool that's something worth thinking about.

Maybe if i get most of the stuff from the same place there's less chance of things not matching up and especially if i tell them it's all got to go together.

Latest posts

Back