Struggle with 125cc dirtbike.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yo

yo
you may have seen me posting in my thread trying to fix my bike.. my name is ben i have a dirtmaster 125cc piece of shit and next week im getting a mini moto.. yeah =]

Shit happens man, just bad luck you didnt notice he was dodgy, i'd say save up 600 and go buy a pitpro

Franky if you were in my position i seriously doubt you would say "OH SHIT HAPPENS, THATS 850 DOWN THE DRAIN, ILL SAVE UP 600 TO GET A PITPRO"

Thanks man, but it didnt help unfortunately.. Look guys dont worry about this anymore.. Im just waiting on consumer affairs hopefully the guy i bought it off is either going to be forced to pay for it to get fixed.. or i get a new bike either way its going to take a couple of weeks and im really dissapointed but thats life.

My AGB-29 would'nt run when i first got it, ;ike start then turn the gas and it would stall. then not being able to start.

so i pulled the carby off cleaned it out & have'nt had a prob since

My AGB-29 would'nt run when i first got it, ;ike start then turn the gas and it would stall. then not being able to start.

so i pulled the carby off cleaned it out & have'nt had a prob since

We went and bought a new carby still didnt work..

have u checked ur stator plate isnt snapped?

Scratch the last bit,

Yes we have checked it .. if the stator plate was cracked there would be no spark.. and there is spark!!!

Last edited:
We opened up this plate which shows the engine, I looked in it and eveyrthing seemed to be working properly except the oil was really dry i thought it was an issue but then my mates dad said its dry because the bike hasnt started in a month and when it does eventually start more oil will go through. So it isnt the oil :(

so the carby works, theres spark and comp is there
have you checked the cdi as my big bike used to have a similar prob and it turned out to be the cdi screwing up.

so the carby works, theres spark and comp is there
have you checked the cdi as my big bike used to have a similar prob and it turned out to be the cdi screwing up.

I would too check the cdi, how you can check ?... I don't know...... also check any ground wire could be a good idea.

please let us know if you find anything, as this could help other people to trouble shoot their bike. we're all learning from each other

Found it!! cant believe we never thought of it!! the timing chain had fallen off.. as i said it sounded like it was firing when you kicked it so it would let it petrol then not repeat the cycle if the chain was on it would keep going!! :O yay

Found it!! cant believe we never thought of it!! the timing chain had fallen off.. as i said it sounded like it was firing when you kicked it so it would let it petrol then not repeat the cycle if the chain was on it would keep going!! :O yay

F*&% yerrrrr whooooooooo. congrats. now get back on that bike. and ride it to your hearts content

ftp for life

WILL DO MY FRIEND!!1 WILL DO IM SO HAPPY :dd:d:d:d:dD

125cc dirtbike .-Problem again..

ok well, i took my bike to the mechanics and they said that there is something wrong with the compression or the air compression or something.. and they also said there is dust in the engine.. wtf how did dust get in the engine and how much is it going to cost me if there is no compression.. My mate said that the head gasket has like blown or something how much does that cost to replace?
thanks
benox

How much does that cost to replace?
They (the shop) you took your bike to would be able to give you a rough estimate on the labour and required parts. Did you ask them how much it was going to be!??
wtf how did dust get in the engine
probably through the air filter if it is dirty and hasnt been oiled or installed correctly....
My mate said
My mate said.... BUT WHAT DID THE MECHANIC SAY!!??

They (the shop) you took your bike to would be able to give you a rough estimate on the labour and required parts. Did you ask them how much it was going to be!??

probably through the air filter if it is dirty and hasnt been oiled or installed correctly....

My mate said.... BUT WHAT DID THE MECHANIC SAY!!??

Ok, well afterschool i rang the shop they said that they've looked whats wrong with it for an hour and arent going to charge me. Through that hour they found it was the compression. Now they are going to charge me 55 to pull it apart.. they will then see how much its going to cost to get it fixed.. I asked them how dust got in and your right he said heaps of dirt and stuff went through the air filter. I dont understand the air filter wasnt installed properly? I havent really touched it since i bought it except pulled it off then put it back on AFTER the bike broke down. like wtf

I dont understand the air filter wasnt installed properly? I havent really touched it since i bought it except pulled it off then put it back on AFTER the bike broke down. like wtf

Thats the problem, you have to oil the airfilter so dust sticks to the outside and doesnt go through.

Latest posts

Back