Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedimindtime

Reaction score
Hi,
I don't have much info on the bike I have, all I know is it's a Motovert 140, seems to have a Lifan engine.
A friend of mine once took it to a shop for a service, and this so called "mechanic" has completely threaded the oil drain hole (apparently not the first time he has gone all trigger happy with a rattle gun), it's so bad the actual threads are literally falling out.

Is there a way this can be repaired? What are my options? I know of thread repair kits, but I am not sure if they come in such a large diameter, nor if they would be suitable for an engine.

If anyone has any ideas and/or advice, that would be greatly appreciated. I am planning on selling the bike asap.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Minirider's

First up get the formality's out the way and stop in here to Introduce Yourself

The sump plugs' thread is M12 x 1.5mm pitch

Most big car part's place's will sell an oversize sump plug, or a piggy back sump plug a lot of them have a cutting edge to recut a new thread into the case, take your old one in with you when you ask about it.

Slotted over size sump plug, (cut's a new thread)

images

Piggy back sump plug repair

5538505_f496.jpg

Or yeah you can just use a Helicoil kit or a Champion thread insert, but it'll cost you more to get the whole kit

M12 Helicoil kit
Ebay
China M12 thread repair kit Ebay

Or call in to you car mechanic and ask how much he would charge to supply and fit a Helicoil, i'd guess about $25

Cheer's, Craig

thanks for your reply, much appreciated..
I already bought a new sump plug so I will probably just buy the chinese kit.

Latest posts

Back