super cheap auto cannon mufflers

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

$heepy

Reaction score
what do you think of them???

i want to make my car sound better but don't want to spend very much and for bout $100 i could get one of these.

is there any thing wrong with these mufflers? are they hard to fit? benefits downdsides?

by the way my car is a 95 model hyundai excel

muffler.jpg

theres a pic of what they look like. for all you that haven't seen them

Probably the gayest mod you cando to a car. Not only do they sound shit but they also scream "RICE".

Probably the gayest mod you cando to a car. Not only do they sound shit but they also scream "RICE".

exactly!

you'll look like a total wanker with a cannon, and they don't make your car sound good they just amplify it

go to bunnings and buy some 3" drain pipe and cable tie it on
same same but different :p

or get an empty tuna can and duct tape it on

but seriously if you want your car to sound good get a v8

looks like the guys have said it all, but i wouldnt get one of these cause the dronning sound they make when ya going down a highway is to much, inside the car they are to loud and you wont want to drive down a highway or a long period of time, Get a good muffler and dont get a cannon, something smaller would be a better option

Yeah... They are totally crap looking and sounding, i would never buy one but... If you really want one i still think it will make no difference to performance... I mean come on... how much gas can a 1.6L 4 cylinder really pump out lol. Maybe spend the 100 bucks on a K&N filter or something. the filter is way less rice and would probably give you noticably more throttle response.

Put the money to something more respectable. There's plenty of cheap shit projects around to start on , an excel is dog. Guys dont drive excel's braaaaa.

or get an empty tuna can and duct tape it on

but seriously if you want your car to sound good get a v8

PFTTTT...why go 8 cycls when a 2.0litre can absolutly stomp that shit and there no sound like PSI sound :)

PFTTTT...why go 8 cycls when a 2.0litre can absolutly stomp that shit and there no sound like PSI sound :)

Yehhh but dont forget most turbo 4s and 6s are in ugly jap sports cars. Sure they are great engines but the car it self look like boy racer. And there is nothing like the sound of PSI in a V8;)

Don't judge! ;) How do you fit one though? Does it just slide on or do you have to chop off a foot or so of the stock pipe and weld on the cannon? I don't want the huge 5inch on or whatever it is but mainly want it for looks..

Cheers

this thread is almost 5 years old now.

most rear mufflers need to be cut off, then the new one welded on.
imo the Cat Trap muffler look, silly.

a 4" tip on a 2.0 Litre engine hmm.... if i was to put one on my car 5.8 Litre, i'd need a 12" tip tip then....

Last edited:
Yeah I know but why make a new thread?

Just don't want to weld it up and it sounds like **** but also don't want to spend up big on a whole system for a first car (1.5L Lancer)

Can you like pull something out of the stock muffler to make it sound louder/better, might sound better than a cannon if ya can? And then I guess I could just look at chucking a tip on.

maybe talk to you local exhuast shop, some cars have resonators that you can delete, it will make it a little deeper etc

but without a hot cam, bigger carby/throttle body, an aftermarket computer, a set of extractors and bigger system and a decent tune it's not really worth stuffing around with

a bigger tip can change the tone a bit, have a watch of these videos

[video=youtube;oqIKA25Ar7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqIKA25Ar7g[/video]

[video=youtube;BhoUUI1on-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhoUUI1on-o[/video]

Latest posts

Back