Superlites at Super X!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaza45

Reaction score
We scored a demo ride at the Super X last night at Aurora Stadium last night, it was awesome fun! We only had about 10 riders due to it being a bit of a last minute thing but hopefully we can do it again next year bigger and better! Didn't get much decent footage but will edit up what I got!

sounds good Gaz ,

would have been a blast riding in front of a big crowd

how are you going with the footage ?

just waiting on photos from a mate, vid will be finished by end of week! Yeah nothing better than cutting up a freshly groomed pro supercross track!

Sounds like fun gaz ... a question though ... is calling mini's superlights just a braaap thing ? ... I thought it was a class in road racing over here ...and buggys in the states but not mini's ? ... just never heard of mini's reffered to as superlites before so was curious where this originated .

not sure where I heard it first Dready, I thought it sounded like a bit of a toss at first but sorta got used to it now! Sounds better than pit bikes or minibikes in my opinion....

nup super lites sounds like a gay american thing that brad has tried to claim

he might also want to call himself an aussie superlite champion raced and won in tassie so no one can take his title

but sounds stupid to me but hey who listens to what i say

regardless well done on getting a jersy at the sx great way to rep our sport of MINIsx hopefully the crowd went off

to bad you couldn't get reefy or howie or someone that can hit the big stuff they would have put on a massive show!!!!!!

Dunno if Brad is trying (or intends) to "claim" it, but yeah a lot of dudes were calling it Superlite in Vegas. I can see why he has adopted the name as a lot of people were thinking braaap club races in Tas are just for braaaps, which is not the case.

Were you saying there has been an Aussie round in Tassie? Not that I know of.

Anyway, "Superlite" has caught on in Tas, lots of people relate minibikes to kids shit so I think the name fits better with what we do.

As it was only a demo and they told us they didn't want us to bust ourselves up, we took it pretty easy but most people I have talked to have said it looked good. Hopefully we can put on a bigger and better SUPERLITE show next year haha

ahh k sorry mate don't mean to derail ya thread .... but yeah this is what superlites are in the states

2010 Superlite Championship Arrive Drive Off-road Truck Racing

Deegan is leading it ...twitch is racin too ... so yeah doubt too many riders in the states are callin mini's superlites .... superlite truck and buggy racing is big and well estabilished over there ...waaaay bigger than mini's ... so that don't make much sense to me ... it'd be like callin a pitbike a holden v8 touring car over here if ya know what I mean

All good though call em what ya will bruz ... I'm stickin to mini's though .... because that's what they are.

yeah sounds like brad is trying to steal the spotlight and make the sport look like something he has created..

here's a superlite..
13%277.jpg

hmmm i'll stick with mini's too i reckon

but back to topic lol.... keen as to see the action gaz :p

Dunno where it came from, it's not just Americans at the Mini SX so maybe it came from another part of the world but yeah, interesting discussion anyway!

Other news, we have finally got a sick new track near Launceston at the Tasmania Zoo. We'll be bringing in dirt soon when it dries out and have some awesome stuff planned. I'll start a thread on it soon!

Super X clip will be done soon!

lol

what he said

sorry crew i just thought i'd have a dig and one of brads crowny's

all good gaz my gripe aint with you brother but this superlite shit is just that

this may wash with the brainwashed tassie contingent but his whole world over here is crumbling and people see through his shit

no offence he's a ok? bloke but all just his crap doesn't wash with me

Got another question for ya tell me how does he fund these tracks when he spends 10k to go to some seminar to listen to some bloke tell him how to make a million dollars??????? and who does the work to get them up and running while he is over here how much work do you put into it and get no credit for it.....

(ough wait i forgot 4k for a bike worth no more than 2 thats a good start i spose)

sorry again maybe i'm shooting my mouth a bit beer does that...........

Last edited:
lol, you better not have another beer then mate.

Firstly, I don't consider myself as "brainwashed", I just believe in supporting the people who support me. I am proud to be a part of the braaap club and have met some good mates through it, not to mention the things the club has achieved with tracks/events etc.

And yeah, I have done a lot of work helping to get this latest track up and going. I figured there was 2 options, sit on my arse and winge about having nowhere to ride like most others or get my hands dirty and make it happen. I don't really care about "getting credit" for it man, I just wanted to put something back into the sport that I had got so much out of, it's actually feels quite rewarding. I think the rest of the guys that have busted their arse to get this track happening would feel the same way.

Tag me as brainwashed if ya want but at least I'll be having fun braaaping it up on our sick new superlite track haha!!

yeah its all good not to care about the credit, but who's reaping the rewards on race days and sht like tht..
do you get free lifetime entry???

i 2nd everything gaz just said
and im sure the rest of the crew that dont come onto the site due to the
braaap crap would be more then happy to say the same

we might put in some hard yards in but we end up with a sick track and a track the way we want it so
:bocul::bocul::flipa::flipa::aetsch::aetsch::bolt:

EDIT yes sean we do

yeah well that sounds alright dj.

and i can only think that all the tassie braaap people and mini bike people in general think the same... what else is there in the way of tracks for minis..

All good Gaz I'm sure none of that was directed at you, there's nothing wrong with brand loyalty infact it's an honourable trait . And yes Braad may have done alot for YOU in Tasmania but he's done bugger all on the mainland after promising so much years ago ... no series , no tracks and certainly no 50 stores

On top of that he's made claims he won't or can't back up ... he didn't bring mini bikes, superlites or what ever else he wants call them into the country ... everyone knows it was guys like Boxy,Chris Thomas and Stu ... too claim otherwise as he infers on his website is insulting in my opinion. To decide he wants to rename our sport ??

Well no I don't think he has the right to do that either .

But honestly no hardies to you or any of the other braaap crew on here ...I like you guys and I understand and respect your position ... just not Braads.

So have fun on ya zoo/superlite track bruz ... and good effort.

lol, you better not have another beer then mate.

Firstly, I don't consider myself as "brainwashed", I just believe in supporting the people who support me. I am proud to be a part of the braaap club and have met some good mates through it, not to mention the things the club has achieved with tracks/events etc.

And yeah, I have done a lot of work helping to get this latest track up and going. I figured there was 2 options, sit on my arse and winge about having nowhere to ride like most others or get my hands dirty and make it happen. I don't really care about "getting credit" for it man, I just wanted to put something back into the sport that I had got so much out of, it's actually feels quite rewarding. I think the rest of the guys that have busted their arse to get this track happening would feel the same way.

Tag me as brainwashed if ya want but at least I'll be having fun braaaping it up on our sick new superlite track haha!!

hmmm just as i thought

sorry mate i dont consider you brainwashed well not as much as some of his possie that get around.
and you answer here is what gets my back up real bad, people like yourself and the rest of the crew that has helped you out getting an awsome track up and running weather you do it for the credit or not brad will still claim it as his own or braaps regardless you wont see credit where it's due.
but you see i know it was your work mate not brads the keep mini sx going down there and you deserve the cred.
i've got nothing against brand loyalty either and yes support the people that support you for sure but charging people 4 grand for a bike thats only worth 2. i dont care how loyal you are thats just sickening. and i dont care how he try's to explain away the price brad is just simply floating his bullshit.
and i know he will read this because he has his little possie roaming the forums makeing sure nothing bad is said about him

i just had the thought again support the people that support you how much support does brad really give you gaz considering how much you do for him?

case closed

good work down there mate i love it when shit like this roles it's a great step in the right direction for us. i tell ya what we have and are still gaining the respect we deserve from the big bike riders. and i love the look on there faces when you smash through a corner 3rd tapped on the outside of em it's priceless

Here's the vid clip I promised. Would have been nice to get closer to the track to film but they were pretty strict with letting anyone through. Had to kill my Metallica sound track coz youtube are cutting up about copyrights so that's why it seems a bit plain!

link? also i tried to fight youtube for that i added metallica nothing else matters to a vid i made and they delete it

Latest posts

Back