Swap my LXR for a 4T 250?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastMarty

Reaction score
Juuuuuust puttin' it out there... Maybe I'm a stubbie or 2 short of a six pack, maybe its the antibiotics for this scumbag flu I have talking... but am beginning to think, I'd rather be ridin' a big bike to further my skills on, and build a 50 (inspired by Swappa's trick BBR). So say I offered my 2 ride old LXR for a swapsies for a 250 quad stroker.... would anyone be interested? (and I'm talking KXF, YZF, CRF, or RMZ - not DR's or Xr's or the like... - not sure, but maaaaaaaaaaaybe could be talked into a oil burner... )

PM me if you are...

Or, just unleash the insults... ;) :alc:

[EDIT] For those who don't know, my LXR is the Pro one, with the proppa Marzocchi's, and Elka Rear end, pro tapers, and the full Pro Circuit T4 system with the OKO.

Last edited:
Your on crack. lol

How do you think your going to improve your skills more on a big bike?

I doubt many people would swap a big bike for your LXR. It would be an early 2000's model if they did.

All seems like a waste of time. Take the LXR out and ride, simple. :)

Bug has bitten yes... HARD! ;) being 192cm (6'3") is just making some of my skills harder to pick up, on the midi, and I know wouldn't be so awkward on a 250. I know I'll get there, but I do still want a mini, but thinking a sweet jap CRF 50 would be fun to build then ride.

I am close to QMP, and to be honest love riding trails, and the Trails out there, just are not for little wheels. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay rough and rocky. = not fun. Thought a 250 would be better to do my general riding on, and learning MX, and build a sweet CRF 50 or 70 to do mini stuff with :)

I like your style Motorman... hehehehe too much thinking and not enough riding... thats my problem!

I know what you mean about the swapsie... but, well, there seems to be plenty of decent MX bikes on ebay for around the $$... but yeah... just puttin' it out there.. :)

i doubt anyone would swap a pitbike for a 250f or 2 stroke, i would say the lxr would help you better in riding for quite awhile. since the lxr is quite a good bike and can go over any big bike track without to much trouble, also can jump decent sized jumps (70-80ft table tops) i ride mine on pretty much only big bike tracks. so i would think if you can ride the lxr over big bike tracks fast you'll become a better rider i would think.

I'm hearing ya... too much cough syrup for me.... man I hate working 10hrs a day an travelling 2.5! Want to go back to high school to have more time! Then I could ride more and think about stupid things less :)

Bug has bitten yes... HARD! ;) being 192cm (6'3") is just making some of my skills harder to pick up, on the midi, and I know wouldn't be so awkward on a 250. I know I'll get there, but I do still want a mini, but thinking a sweet jap CRF 50 would be fun to build then ride.

I am close to QMP, and to be honest love riding trails, and the Trails out there, just are not for little wheels. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay rough and rocky. = not fun. Thought a 250 would be better to do my general riding on, and learning MX, and build a sweet CRF 50 or 70 to do mini stuff with :)

I like your style Motorman... hehehehe too much thinking and not enough riding... thats my problem!

I know what you mean about the swapsie... but, well, there seems to be plenty of decent MX bikes on ebay for around the $$... but yeah... just puttin' it out there.. :)

Yeah I hear ya about the bush. Some of the rocky stuff is hard on the midsize. Good challenge though. It will be even harder on a 50 in the bush.

Just pick up a cheap big bike for some trail riding. Keep the LXR for the track.

OR you could part your LXR and give me the forks and shock. That would work. :)

Hey man. I definitely can see where you are coming from. Guys, this dude is tall. And As sweet as that lxr is, maybe one big bike and a built up fifty would suit you well. Especially if you wanna trail ride. To me trail riding on any mini would be very painful to say the least. I have a YZ250f that i would consider swapping. Its pretty trick though so would want some extra cash. Up to you man. Glad you are loving the dirt bikes though. Makes riding street bikes seem boring Hey.

Nothing more skillfull than mastering the technique of rididng a midside bike and keeping up with big bikes. Getting a big bike is the easy way out.

I def recon my riding got better since getting the big bike... just re-calibrates your idea of "Fast" and "Power"... Then when you get back on the pitty it feels alot slower and easier to manage... going full tap seems pretty tame... but good cause you can ride it way harder!
Didnt help with my goon style, but helped with confidence, speed and cornering...

Nothing more skillfull than mastering the technique of rididng a midside bike and keeping up with big bikes. Getting a big bike is the easy way out.

So true man, but I think that there is a lot to be learned riding big bikes and then transferring those skills into riding minis, rather than the other way around.

I def recon my riding got better since getting the big bike... just re-calibrates your idea of "Fast" and "Power"... Then when you get back on the pitty it feels alot slower and easier to manage... going full tap seems pretty tame... but good cause you can ride it way harder!
Didnt help with my goon style, but helped with confidence, speed and cornering...

+1 Yep, I recon the same!

Hey thanks guys for all your comments. I agree with you all in some way. I reckon cos I'm so used to riding sports bikes on the road and track, I feel gumby on the mini bike, and am more focused on hanging on, then riding technique. The small size means there's nothing to hang on to with my legs, etc... I'm sure you know what I mean.

I used to ride downhill MTB's and loved it, was pretty good at it. Then decided to give BMX a go... FAIL! I just couldnt' get used to it. I busted my self up so much, and could count the crashes in 10 years of MTB, on 2 fingers!

So yeah... Dunno. I know i might get used to the mini, but might also create bad habbits, and I pride myself on my road bike technique... so want to develop good dirt skills too!

Anyways... cheers guys for the nudges :)

UPDATE:
Been doing some more thinking and reading and pondering .... All probably terrible things to be doing. ;)

I'm thinking for me, and my budget, (mostly the $$) I might end up going and being all UN-environmentally friendly and get a 125 2T, and rebuild it. I think I could be confident enough to rebuild a 2T, but definitely not enough to do a 4T. So thinking that if I found a 125, that needs a bit of work.. I could go down that road.

Or, if someone thinks they want my LXR... we could 'Talk'.

Reckon from what I have read, that a 250 smoker would be too much bike for me at my skill level... hence the 125 idea. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but a 250 multistroker has same hp as a 125 bi-stroker? Around the 33 odd hp?

Also, I'd say that if I needed hp down the track... 125's overbore ok don't they?

Not sure how I'd get on with a 125, having only ever ridden 4strokes, and until recently ... road bikes, but i'm sure I'd get used to it. And... oooh how I love the smell. Specially on rocket fuel like the 125 and 250 GP bikes use... hehehehe

Thoughts? PM's? Insults? sledging?

250 2 smoke all the way, you'll get bored of the 125 within 3-4 rides.... And if you manage to get 1 with a standard exhaust the power won't be all "top end" therefore a bit easier to ride :)

if you want to over bore to 150cc easy like get a

CR125 05/07
RM125 04 & up
SX125 07 & up
YZ125 kits start from 1997
KX125 03 & up

So Timeeh, why do you say I'll get bored of the 125? Does that mean I would get sick of a 250 4T? I just thought I have a lot of skills to learn, and should do my apprenticeship? I'm a firm believer in people going thru the road bike ranks too, 250, 600, 1000...

Would it change your mind if I told you I sold my 1000 Fireblade and got a Gixxer 750, and am now faster on the track on the 750? Aaaaaand loving it. And I enjoy nothing more than carving up fellow riders on the sunday twisties en route to cafe, with my wife aboard, going round the outside of them whilst they are all boy racer on their 1000 sports bikes?

Just been reading that the 250 2's are hard to hang on to... or, is it just a case of restricting ones throttle hand before one can handle it... ? I dunno cos I've never ridden a 2 smoke.

I only ask as, I thought initially of getting a 450, but, then thought no way, those things have way too much power, and, they have the same power as the 250 2's... (except for the torque factor).

hmmm, if youre riding big sports bikes i can safetly assume you can ride a bike (and at a resonable pace) I can't speak for the 125 2 smokes as I havn't riden one for years but I did have a RM100 back when i was 12-14 which, sure, it went like a scolded cat, but probably more to do with the age factor. My cousins other-half has a 07? CR250F and sure the power is resonable but it runs out of legs really quickly, just not my cup of tea. But in the end your the one gonna be riding it, don't suppose you got any freinds with similar bikes to try them out? As for the to much power thing, I'm a firm believer that it's the right hand that delivers the power, HOWEVER a 250 2 smoke with "most" aftermarket expansion chambers can be a bit tricky to get that power delivery working, as the big ones tend to be an all or nothing power delivery, but stick to a stock and you'll be sweet. NOW as for the insults you requested above, Dont be a pussy, Buy a 250 2 smoke.... you can never have enough power :p

EDIT Oh yea as for cleaning up the big bikes (or newer bikes for that matter) i know exactly what you mean :) Check out my youtoob from my last outing at wakefield, got round a few new big bikes R1's ECT on my old girl (96 ZX7) some even running slicks n warmers, mines all in road trim and registered, It does bring a smile to your face :)

Last edited:
All my mates are on road bikes dude. I'm the first to break the mould and try dirt bikin'. They are missing out. hehehehe. You're totally right... I'm a pussy! hehehe.

Ok so how's this for a senario. What if i were thinking, that when the skills are there, that I wanted to do some enduro-ish or, ultimately the Finke... how would a 250 smurf smoker handle that sort of work?

Oh... and do you have a link for your youtube Timeeh?

Latest posts

Back