swing arm benefits

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charckhol

Reaction score
Hey guy i was wondering whats the benefits between a swing arm like on a pro X ( mono ) and the one that are on crf 50 ect?

why dose one dominate do they both have different benefits?

I've asked this before on other forums, the verdict was that a Mono is superior to a Triangle style.

yeah, also the difernt shocks you can get. Pluss the strengh mabye..... don't know whats better the 05 thumps had ther mono and now they have the other sort, both same my case

i would thing th shock in the A-Frame swing arm would be more effective because of it position?

imo,,, any cheap china version of the mono swinga is crap because its always too soft and spongey because the shock is shit and you cant put a quality in ,they dont fit. you can only replace china crap with china crap. the A style swinga can run any high quality shock like my 05 thumpy wit fox float shock

Attachments

• 247..JPG
    247..JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 19
hahah Mono swing arms eat alot of dick, so do big wheel china's.

the thumpstar,pitboss and crf swingarms (triswingarm) dominate for 10"s and 12"s.

Well I'd say that mono is better else thumpstar (terramoto), motovert and pitster pro wouldn't use it. And the same goes for big bikes, the triangle is just a "Honda style", doesn't mean its better, the reason manufacturers are probably using it is to copy Honda and all the kiddies think "0ww sik that has a swingarm like Honda, i want it", although Honda has kept the same design for years, maybe it works or maybe they don't need to invest more money re-designing as its popular already, but the other companies who are trying to steal a share of Honda's business wouldn't make the changes from triangle to mono if it wasn't beneficial.

the only reason manufacturers have changed to the mono isnt because its better, its because wankers like you buy them because you think its better

i like the look of a frame swingarms over mono swing arms ,as the look more traditional as all the early model pitty's had them and most crf50s with the mods have the a frame swingarm ,they also look a whole lot tougher than the mono. Im gonna buy a five o box swingarm and shock for my x6r when i get the dosh ($$$$$)

the only reason manufacturers have changed to the mono isnt because its better, its because wankers like you buy them because you think its better

Since when is it logical to change from something better to something worse? If something is good and can't get better then they wouldn't change, obviously they saw improvements in a mono swingarm over a triangle. A triangle is the "original" 50 style, hence all the first set of copies having triangle swingarms and some still do, then they realised the benefits of a mono over a triangle and changed it. Why do big bikes not use a triangle if it is so good?

Honda is the most popular 50 around although that is changing very fast, Honda have a proven design which has made them millions, why should they spend millions updating? Although to keep up with the ever progressing copies they better change something soon as the copies are so much more affordable and the quality is almost on a par with Hondas.

Last edited:

Maybe you deserve to have a fucked up knee cause you sound like a bit of a cockhead. I was only voicing my opinion, wasn't asking to be called a wanker, hope your knee nevers gets better you "wanker". And suck a cock =)

Maybe you deserve to have a fucked up knee cause you sound like a bit of a cockhead. I was only voicing my opinion, wasn't asking to be called a wanker, hope your knee nevers gets better you "wanker". And suck a cock =)
bwahahaha. my knee WILL heal but you will always be a wanker.hahahahahah

waht the fuk 24 seven that was uncalled for..... MJC he might be jesious coz he knee's fuked just leave him lone.....

Also thanks guy for ur appinions

bwahahaha. my knee WILL heal but you will always be a wanker.hahahahahah
alright im sorry , that didnt need to be said , i dont know you or have any beef with you. im just a little pissed off today, im sick of this swollen knee, im sick of this limp, im sick of being stuck here at home all week an im sick of this freekin computer. i`ve been getting bord and just wanna stir shit with someone. sorry it had to be you. anyways gettin back to topic i dont think all mono style swingers suck ,there is some good ones like reeg, bbr, two brothers, but they are all high end componants. an you cant compare big bikes with minis cause big bike have cantilever linkage monoshocks and minis are too small for that thats why they always seem so soft

alright im sorry , that didnt need to be said , i dont know you or have any beef with you. im just a little pissed off today, im sick of this swollen knee, im sick of this limp, im sick of being stuck here at home all week an im sick of this freekin computer. i`ve been getting bord and just wanna stir shit with someone. sorry it had to be you. anyways gettin back to topic i dont think all mono style swingers suck ,there is some good ones like reeg, bbr, two brothers, but they are all high end componants. an you cant compare big bikes with minis cause big bike have cantilever linkage monoshocks and minis are too small for that thats why they always seem so soft

Not all big bikes run the cantilever setup. Ktm runs a similar setup to what the minibikes run. Personally i think the a frames look crap and the mono swingarms hold up fine in my experience all comes down to personal preference.

Latest posts

Back