takegawa 178

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TB V2 Head Pistons

Hi nemo86

There is a 60mm TB piston for the V2 race head for use with the stock cylinder or a TB 64mm piston avaiable in long or short skirt for the big bore kit.

Can make you up any TB Parts Kit combo that you need.

Cheers

Jaimie

Hi nemo86

There is a 60mm TB piston for the V2 race head for use with the stock cylinder or a TB 64mm piston avaiable in long or short skirt for the big bore kit.

Can make you up any TB Parts Kit combo that you need.

Cheers

Jaimie

would i have to bore the cases for the 64mm?

cheers mate

emerson

64mm will need case borings (which you should get anyway if its geting pulled apart for crank) , 60mm will fit with stock cylinder and wont need case boring . and will be 155cc with crank .

64mm and crank will be 177cc.

If you have lasted this long with that 143 kit i reckon 155 with v2 head would be heeps for you .

Atleast till next rebuild , just slap on a 64mm kit , there cheap as from classichonda50s.

ahh k sweet that clears it up....yehh i reckon the 60mm and stroker would be fine for now, but i thort maybe since im gonna have it all apart just go all out and get the 64mm and stroker...we'll see wat happens tho, hopefully my mechanic can do it first

should i still chuck an oil cooler on it or will it cope without?
do i just take it to a metal machinist to get em bored?

Last edited:
any proper motorcycle mechanic should be able to bore out cases its not very hard from what ive heard. i wanna put a 117 in my bike :) would be sweet .

I haven't been running a cooler on my 177 ... probably should but .

Shouldn't be a problem if your not racing it.

The average pit bike track doesn't have you moving fast enough for a cooler to really do much. SuMo or roadrace work is different. Unless riding in deep sand all the time, a well-tuned MX'er isn't loaded hard enough to get all that hot.

Oil Coolers

Hi nemo86

Would definately run an oil cooler, the more stable you can keep engine temp the more stable your fuel air ratios will be, your oil will do it's job better and last longer as will your engine. Lower engine temps will increase efficiency and engine power.

The horizontal style engine does not cool that well to start with, has it's head laying down out of the air stream with fewer head fins when compared to an upright style engine.

We are in the process of increasing the size of the oil coolers on the race bikes that we sponsor, Mike Reefman and Rusty may be able to add to these comments.

Aussies may just ride their bikes a little faster or harder than others or our race and recreational tracks are a lot more open.

Cheers

Jaimie

Latest posts

Back