TDR 125 Rebuild

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahahahha the old idle go up trick!!

Na its the joker throttle, sooooo tighttt, little bumps move the steel throttle wire.
Its not a problem as yet, but eventually when i sell it, ill fix it.

Do you think a gold kick start is overkill?

whats your opinion on the other gold parts?

That carb isnt 22mm either, and ill put money on it, measured it today, 26mm, fits with the dhz 26mm intake parts and gasket...

oh and it isnt clean yet, as you know qld is flooding, but i still ride, so ive ridden through some pretty messed up trails, 2 cans of degreaser and you will see what my bike looks like clean

lol, its not a vm26... iv proved that in previous pics...
and yes you measured it wrong.. anyways enough said about your carby...

ummm personally yeah i think the gold kicker is too much.. but depends what your sticker kit has on it..

Alright heres the completed bike, still waiting on those monster decals but.

dscf9123.jpg

dscf9126.jpg

dscf9127.jpg

dscf9128a.jpg

dscf9129i.jpg

hey kizza, where do race and what track do you ride at?

I'm not in official racing, as i dont have a complient bike. Nor the gear.

But I race my mates as various tracks plotted around the south east.

Coomera, mudgee, west etc

Whys that?

Far out its finally done like 2 months later

Attachments

• DSCF9137.jpg
    DSCF9137.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 46
Cheers mate, took dam near 2 months to get it done.

Also those monster graphics are from canada, not china. There the authentic monster kit and is 8mm thick. Really nice stuff.

lol mine build is nearing 12 months and at about the 10 month mark i tore it down and started again..lol

i dont think Monster energy make "authentic" graphics kits for a tdr...lol i could be wrong though.

Mine come from USA and are 8mm also, but to me there still china (not that i have ever seen my kit anywhere else)

"Also those monster graphics are from canada, not china. There the authentic monster kit and is 8mm thick. Really nice stuff"

please explain how you work this out...
who made them?
what makes them authentic considering no jap bike shares this kit...

if there not chinese stickers then a everyday sticker kit mob made them..

man you gotta stop believing what you read on websites.. they'll tell you anything so that naive ppl think there awesome... just like your head phones lol.... china can copy everything including box art.. right down to hologram warranty stickers...

actually just like the copy oko carbs kicking around... they look 200% genuine till you pull it apart.. (lol should i mention yr race vm mikuni carb again?)

thing im trying to get across is that if you go around saying this is the genuine deal and ppl know that it isnt, 1 your gonna look silly, 2 you confuse people and 3 people will soon flame the hell out of you...

no one is going to care when you say there from china, cause at the end of the day 99% of items we use are...

"Also those monster graphics are from canada, not china. There the authentic monster kit and is 8mm thick. Really nice stuff"

please explain how you work this out...
who made them?
what makes them authentic considering no jap bike shares this kit...

if there not chinese stickers then a everyday sticker kit mob made them..

man you gotta stop believing what you read on websites.. they'll tell you anything so that naive ppl think there awesome... just like your head phones lol.... china can copy everything including box art.. right down to hologram warranty stickers...

actually just like the copy oko carbs kicking around... they look 200% genuine till you pull it apart.. (lol should i mention yr race vm mikuni carb again?)

thing im trying to get across is that if you go around saying this is the genuine deal and ppl know that it isnt, 1 your gonna look silly, 2 you confuse people and 3 people will soon flame the hell out of you...

no one is going to care when you say there from china, cause at the end of the day 99% of items we use are...

Alright cheers

hey kizza nice build u done there mate!

i also have a tdr pro 125cc i paid 420$ for mine off ebay...what a sweet score!!!! anywayz im looking at doin a build simialir to yours but i really wouldnt know where to start.... u mind posting up a complete list with approx prices and purposes please..... is the the original suspension u got with the bike???(i dont think so) sooo please post your completed list with your results.! thanks bro!!!

1 more thing.... do u find that your first and seccond gears are really short????

people say to upgrade the craby and pipes... ok so what i need to know is wihch is the right MM for the carby for my tdr pro 125cc and what type do u recomend? and also what pipes?? the exhaust?

Last edited:
hey kizza nice build u done there mate!

i also have a tdr pro 125cc i paid 420$ for mine off ebay...what a sweet score!!!! anywayz im looking at doin a build simialir to yours but i really wouldnt know where to start.... u mind posting up a complete list with approx prices and purposes please..... is the the original suspension u got with the bike???(i dont think so) sooo please post your completed list with your results.! thanks bro!!!

1 more thing.... do u find that your first and seccond gears are really short????

people say to upgrade the craby and pipes... ok so what i need to know is wihch is the right MM for the carby for my tdr pro 125cc and what type do u recomend? and also what pipes?? the exhaust?

Alright, alright.

So what your going to need to do, is literally ditch the carb and the exhaust. As the exhaust rivets WILL rattle loose. So go onto ebay and find a cnc style exhaust. I can link you when i get more time. Ditch the carb for a mikuni, as its really sluggy stock.

You will need to lose the bars and all the controls. The throttle assembly with soon break, so get your self a joker throttle, and new levers.

The gearing you will need to change to get more out of your 1st and 2nd. I can travel around an entire track in 2nd and have heaps of speed. Change your front to a 16 tooth sprocket I can link you a $10 ebay one. But latter tonight.

Lose your stock stator cover for an open side one. As dirt build ups are a real hasstle.

Change your oil first up. Activ 4t

Suspension is the upgraded stock. You wont find it on other tdrs as they dont sell them with it anymore.

You should get a 26mm carb, it seems to work really nicely on my bike.B\ But you will need a 26mm intake kit from DHZ for it to work properly.

Pm us your number and I can elaberate further. Also send your email so i can make an itemized list of items.

cheers

Also those monster graphics are from canada, not china. There the authentic monster kit and is 8mm thick. Really nice stuff.

Not to jump on the bandwagon or anything, but I think you mean .8mm, I can't imagine adding almost a centimeter of sticker to my 1mm thick plastics :p

Looks the goods though, very well done :)

looks sweet dude i have the exact same bike but standard, when i read about the exhaust rivets i pmsl but i drilled them out and put screws in (i didnt know where to get another that would fit), the issues i had with mine are the airfilter fell to pieces, the frame cracked where the top of the rear suspension is mounted but i took it back and the guy welded it up for free (dandy dirtbikes) and has been sweet since, the only other thing is i find the plastics are flimsy as hell i ride through the forest alot and catching on small branches has snapped them but ive had such a laugh on it for a few hundred bucks :) gonna get an atomik link 250 now

Nice Nice mate, btw I wouldn't recommend an Atomik Link. They are a tall bike but with a terribly short wheelbase, making stability a worry. Finding spare parts for them are also an issue,

What sorta bike are you after? e.g. size, engine, price range???

Regards,

Carlton

Latest posts

Back