Temporary Bike Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds close to a full rebuild.
Maybe sell it for what it owes you and buy something a bit more tidy??

I PMed ya jammo, i think i got 2 black 2nd hand tank shrouds, i thought you saw the bike before buying it?? Anyway dont go for the tissues yet dude(sorry i had too) send me pics of the calipers that need pads and the other parts on the bike you need and ill see what i can do for cheap. do you know if the chain is 420 or 428 yet??

Sounds close to a full rebuild.
Maybe sell it for what it owes you and buy something a bit more tidy??
ah, already ordered some parts, maybe make it look a bit better, needa tidy up some things, i really only put 30 minutes into washing it, i will put the back wheel on tomorrow and sus out the sprocket/chain, suspension and forks will do for now, plastics are done, throttle is done just needs to be put on, klx style shrouds with monster energy BBR graphics, black/white with the carbon fenders. + white crf70 style number front plate...

next on the list
* some sort of decent bars...
* fix brakes + sus out chain/sprocket
* change tyre + tube..
also need to find a rear tyre that has more tread then 30% haha.. almost running bald..

these frames are a ***** to work on.. makes it difficult to do anything.. bbr style.

I PMed ya jammo, i think i got 2 black 2nd hand tank shrouds, i thought you saw the bike before buying it?? Anyway dont go for the tissues yet dude(sorry i had too) send me pics of the calipers that need pads and the other parts on the bike you need and ill see what i can do for cheap. do you know if the chain is 420 or 428 yet??
ill check about the chain tomorrow, and ill rip the calipers off tomorrow and upload some photos/videos. ill keep pming you

disc and sprocket are too small. 10cm gap from hole to hole on one side, and 9.5cm on the other side of the hub...

brakes are **ed, thinking of just buying whole new calipers or whatever

, i can move the swingarm up and down. so either the bolt on the shock isnt tight enough, or i dont know what is wrong..

throttle and grips are fixed. bars will do for now. air filter and shrouds ordered. still need to access the pipe and rear brake pedal problem...

also probably need to put new oil in the forks and engine... also need to get a decent tread 12" tyre to put on the back...

bike is working out to be more then i bargained for but no point giving up now unless i see a huge cost coming..

Sounds like the bushes are gone in the shocky lad

elaborate rotn? i dont have any idea what htat means haha, also i need a 420 sprocket im guessing... chain isnt that big, all i see on the chain is the brand KMC. also needa take pictures of the brake pads.. and possibly a new shock which is gonna cost too much unless i find something that does the job second hand..

help would be appreciated with parts such as :
sprocket
brake pads
clutch cable? mainly after the little spring but ill buy both.. the ( the spring) that goes on the engine clutch bit
rear tyre with like 50%-60% tread
rear shock depending on what happens on inspection tomorrow.

The bushes are the rubbers that the bolts go thru to attach the shocky to the frame and swinga.

Last edited:
yeah.. dont wanna spend heaps on this, as its only a bush bashing bike i guess... already put $150 into it and its not close to fixed. still need a sprocket/disc/brake pads. theres another $50ish right there + paint the swingarm and fix throttle/airfilter etc.

ALSO : can someone help me with the clutch spring that is on the engine, like how to make my clutch nice and springy? i may need a new clutch cable ?

Ahhh , The bad news keeps coming....
Decided to pull the whole back end off to prep for painting tomorrow...
Has a fastace shock... bent at the eyelet..
swingarm and sub frame needs a few new bolts, they are a bit rusted, might be able to get away with them,

Painting swinga and sub frame tomorrow, Yet to find the 420 or 428 pitch marks on the sprocket and or chain...
getting donated a chain, got a air filter this morning, graphics + plastics are ordered, throttle will be going on.

Just need some new axel bolts, brake pads, sprocket , rear shock , disc brake , brake fluid, new oil change , new petrol. bit more of a clean up...

PICTURES WILL BE ADDED SOON
Dont expect movie quality, it was dark and i used the flash, but they are decent enough...

another thing, the pipe bbr style, just goes in 2 pieces, but doesnt attach with anything? its so wierd, and thats why it rattles, no springs , no bolts, no welding...

This bike is costing more then i bargained for...

Might try and sell the roller, and just steal myself the engine, or even sell the engine seperate aswell.
but i really just wanna accomplish finishing it...

The exhaust is a BBR style copy setup, the muffler section just slides over the other section, if the muffler has the mounting bracket on it intact then it is complete, thats just how they are. Take a pick of the chain tomorrow for me next to the front sprocket looking down on top of them and we will see what it is. Get a shock length from eye to eye, probs gonna be 280mm

Actually i saw an earlier pic of the chain and sprocket and it looks like 420, any markings on the front sprocket? And did the old chain adjustors poo themselves or you want new ones?

old chain adjuster bolts poo'd themselves, bent as fuarkkk.. and yeah i was thinking the sperockets were 420, he only papid like 30 for a new chain which was a kmc one and i think it was a 420 pitch... and yeah i dont wanna spend heaps on a shock, it sucks.. the fastace was decent, 4 years of abuse and it bent yeah muffler will have to do i guess, i try get some heat proof tape or something to hold it tighter, other then that i only have buyable **** left to finish the bike... sprocket/disc/pads , tensioners / paint swingarm and subframe / shock / some bolts here and there

Latest posts

Back