The 88cc CRF mod!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wogtaz , think im gonna need that 12" for feb. How much you got on it?

yer if i still got it then let me know , i had it sold for like 180 posted i think? but forgot what happend ... but mite do it cheaper , ive still got it on the 107cc now and im thinking of just spending a little bit to get that thing going so depends what ive done by then

just cause the klx is just perfect how it is , dont wanna create another money pit when i dont need to

hey mate this thing looks sic are you done with it now or got more plans im lovin the ktm sticker kit ive always wondered what that would look like well done and how is the new motor and can you get anymore free swingers haha as i just bought a billetware cradle frame and prob goin to put a +1 or +2 on it

one of the best looking 50s i have ever seen probs wont see many with those ktm kits should put a FMF powercore 4 on it it would sound best as but seriously dude i rate that 10/10
good work aye.

powercore 4's sound pretty average in my opinion , and it would restrict this motor for sure! .

hey mate can you delete some of your pm's cause i been tryin to send you a pm about those rims you got and yeah it wont let me send one through

Righto , its back.

I had been riding this thing after work after everyday. Got to test it out on a proper mini cross track and found that the stock forks where no good , very skatey and sketchy. Soooooooo I had done a clean swap for some marzocchi's I had advertised for a mate a while ago. They are genuine zoke legs but run the motovert clamps and front wheel. Took those out for a ride and they are awsome , only problem I had was the front brake begun to jam up.

So I went to town on them a bit , Bought some all balls tapered steering bearings , had them spaced and bought a hayes hfx 9 hydraulic front brake for them and am going to have the rotor grounded down to 2mm thick at the rubbing point from 5mm to go through the caliper ( Hayes is a mtb brake). But the front end with the 12" front wheel is 1000 times better than the stock set up.

Also cooked the valves , piston , barrel as it turned out the motor I bought had been preety flogged. Unlucky for me but I've built up a limited motor using
- The takegawa carb kit Motoxxx gave me
- Stock head and taky cam Wogtaz gave me
- Taky piston and barrel Andy at ec50s provided me with.

So it should go alright and ready to race the 88 limited class.

I've also bought a cat5 cradle for it after clean tearing off the left hand top engine mount. Aswell as a new shift lever.

Tyres next , shinko's , irc's or bridgestone's. Andy reccomends bridgestones as they weight less than anyother mini tyres but the shinko rears look gnarly.

Im thinking this build is comming to the end. Im now looking at getting a stocker to race as it seems to be the funnest class to be in. Just letting anyone know , I would be keen for a straight swap for a really good stocker ( Needs rims , pegs , bar kit , springs and shock , seat etc). Had ideas for a fast50s build , mybe the easy rider bar kit with patroit seat cover and tall seat , fast50s billet wheels and kitaco shock with the fast50s patriot graphics on xr50 plastics.

I'll chuck some photo's up too when I get a chance.

Something like this maybe?

Its my Bro's bike from ages ago....
Inspired by Kelly Tedders bike from the first "50 NUTS" back in the day haha.

I had pics of it when it was a stocker aswell but cant find them.

Kit looks cool on blue plastics too...You thinking of running blue or black?

Ive still got Old School FLuro Green XR plastics with Green Fast50s "electric" graphics on them..Never selling those things! I bust them out now and again for the old school look...Might run them on my limited at one of the HRI rounds haha.

Attachments

• Patriot.jpg
    Patriot.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 39
Yehhhhh!!!!

That thing is awsome , that seat and graphics really look good.
I think I remember your old fast50s graphics before you got your trickbitz one's? I know you got them on your limited but did you use to run those fast50s graphics on your stocker?

Blue , I reckon. Really keep it an original build , all one brand and I still reckon fast50s is the highest quality part of the lot still today.

Would Chris Thomas still be the man too see about fast50s gear , its preety expensive down here but quite reasonable in the states but I'd rather support the local scene?

Want a bike I can just flog the daylights out of and then stick it back in the shed and drag it out again.
Billet wheels so I dont have to go checking spokes so often.
Acerbis plastics so they last and look alright
Fast50s bar kit in chrome to make it look like an original 50
Stock motor , everything completley stock from airfilter , cam , rev box
No +1" legs but might run those brandxmini stiffeners , minibike springz fork springs and just h/d bushes.
Fast50 seat foam cover
Fast50 shift lever , Ims super stock pegs im thinking?

Preety keen on starting a new build.

the new build sounds like its goin to be good man....put some pics up of your bike with the zokes on it

where are these action pics?? i didn't read through 5 pages for nothing lol.

post some pics of how it looks now. good bike too.

Action pics comming soon from when we had a ramp session out at peto's.
Bike is still down at eastcoast , once i get it back she's on the market

Yehhhhh!!!!

That thing is awsome , that seat and graphics really look good.
I think I remember your old fast50s graphics before you got your trickbitz one's? I know you got them on your limited but did you use to run those fast50s graphics on your stocker?

Blue , I reckon. Really keep it an original build , all one brand and I still reckon fast50s is the highest quality part of the lot still today.

Would Chris Thomas still be the man too see about fast50s gear , its preety expensive down here but quite reasonable in the states but I'd rather support the local scene?

Want a bike I can just flog the daylights out of and then stick it back in the shed and drag it out again.
Billet wheels so I dont have to go checking spokes so often.
Acerbis plastics so they last and look alright
Fast50s bar kit in chrome to make it look like an original 50
Stock motor , everything completley stock from airfilter , cam , rev box
No +1" legs but might run those brandxmini stiffeners , minibike springz fork springs and just h/d bushes.
Fast50 seat foam cover
Fast50 shift lever , Ims super stock pegs im thinking?

Preety keen on starting a new build.

Yeah man i used to run them on my Stocker. Ive just put them on my New stocker that i bought off my bro the other week. Looks sick...I love it.

When did you see my bike with TrickBitz Graphics? That was ages ago when i ran those ones....I designed them, so ended up with a little deal with them until it all turned to shit haha.

This build your talking about is a very good idea...Brings it back to the Original days of how it all began. I would see Chilli for fast50s stuff i reckon.
Get fast50s Footpegs..Ive got a set and i really like them hey.

Yeah man i used to run them on my Stocker. Ive just put them on my New stocker that i bought off my bro the other week. Looks sick...I love it.

When did you see my bike with TrickBitz Graphics? That was ages ago when i ran those ones....I designed them, so ended up with a little deal with them until it all turned to shit haha.

This build your talking about is a very good idea...Brings it back to the Original days of how it all began. I would see Chilli for fast50s stuff i reckon.
Get fast50s Footpegs..Ive got a set and i really like them hey.

Haha , tis a famous set of graphics those are. Old friction designs , you've made the ringmaster catalog preety much every year. They where sweet looking graphics , heaps plain but looked awsome. They where also in 50s brotherhood a few years back on your 88 I remember.

Yeh might see what Chris can do , I dare say the wheels will be an overseas purchase as they are preety dear down here.
I did up a few costs then and its something like:
- $2368.73 for all new parts. No bike
I want to cap the build at $3k , happy to keep it under but I want to keep this bike for my life... Something built to last with hardly any maintanance required hence why every part has a function like the deadstock motor. Stock pipe but I'll source a billet end cap for race day. Keep it how the manufacturers intended , so only really fast50s and honda gear. No mix and matches.

Prefer to keep this build all new but Im thinkinh I'll have to source a set of wheels from planet mini's to keep it cheap.

Finding it difficult to locate some of those patriot graphics for the xr50 , some for the crf50 but not too keen on that.

With the pegs , not sure on billet items. I got sik50s billet pegs on mine and they seem to clog up with mud and get mud between the studs. With the ims pegs its preety hard to do that , just noticed fast50s do a peg similar to the ims super stocks which might be the go...

This was a photoshop mock up of the original intentions of the stocker build ( Had already made these graphics so they where print ready) but I reckon the way to go is doing an original style 50s build:

or with RB graphics ( Was going to do a complete RB stocker but errrrrr)

But yer Original fast50s style appears to be the way to go. I'll have a photoshop around later

how much??

2 and a half thou. Which I reckon seems preety worth it. Brand new top end , forks preety much new , basically new shift lever , brand new hayes front brake system. And the condition is basically new for the entire bike. New tyres would be good but that is all.
Plus I'll even include The kitaco SE ultra head and all spares ( Spare billet shift lever , taky barrel , kitaco piston , yz killswitch , cr killswitch , 2x key ignitions , fab50s pegs , polished stock brake pedal , Pegmount , Fork legs , original honda bolts etc.)

Im going to see if Eastcoast will put it on their floor.

2 and a half thou. Which I reckon seems preety worth it. Brand new top end , forks preety much new , basically new shift lever , brand new hayes front brake system. And the condition is basically new for the entire bike. New tyres would be good but that is all.
Plus I'll even include The kitaco SE ultra head and all spares ( Spare billet shift lever , taky barrel , kitaco piston , yz killswitch , cr killswitch , 2x key ignitions , fab50s pegs , polished stock brake pedal , Pegmount , Fork legs , original honda bolts etc.)

Im going to see if Eastcoast will put it on their floor.

thats heaps cheap considering what you've done to it and a stock bike is worth 1.5k good buy i say.

Haha , tis a famous set of graphics those are. Old friction designs , you've made the ringmaster catalog preety much every year. They where sweet looking graphics , heaps plain but looked awsome. They where also in 50s brotherhood a few years back on your 88 I remember.

Oh yeah i did those things back in the day. First graphics i ever designed haha. They turned out ok for a simple plain design. I noticed that Ringmaster used them Non-stop on there website etc.. I'll just take it as a Compliment i guess haha.

Oh yeah Mark put them in there i heard, Never saw it though actually.

Im doing graphic design course now...when im done with that i can go out and do the fun stuff again! ha.

Your graphics look cool that your designing. You running Illusrator yeah?

How did you learn to do it all....

Yeh Illustrator ,

I work for Mxink , I do alot of their design work and alot of the stuff on their site I did up. Top crew to work with. I bought the adobe creative suite 3 last year to learn photoshop for Uni next year at UTS ( was going to do graphic design but ended up going for industrial design) then landed a job with Mxink doing custom graphics. Its a sweet gig as I work two jobs and cash comes in preety quickly and gives me plenty of freedom to work.

Hate the idea of moving to Sydney as I'll have to be around the glebe area , not too keen as im away from the beach and bush but ahhh well.

David , the dude who runs the show at mxink has basically taught me everything I know about illustrator haha. Makes up all these tutrorials for me , provides the proper templates and I lay down the ideas.

Which Tafe are you at?

Oh man you've got a good deal going hey..sounds so good.

Im at Enmore Design Centre. It was so hard to get into hey, had to do all kinds of stuff to get in..Stoked that im there now. Its the best place, they have mad facilities and sick teachers.

Im just getting into the Illustrator side of it now. We have to do all kinds of things though, Painting etc. Design Post cards, Stamps all kinds of stuff its crazy.

If you End up in Glebe its going to be a BORING life hahaha. No surf, no riding...Just plain shithouse area to be at hey.

I live at the beach and Drive about Half hour to Tafe so its not too bad for me at all....

PM me your msn n stuff man..

Latest posts

Back