The age old debate of what phone should I get!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROLLAS13

Reaction score
well the title says it all haha! My contract is nearly up and I can upgrade soon if not now haha, I have a samsung galaxy s2 at the moment, and Im tossing up between the iphone 5 or the galaxy s4.. I have kinda done a pros and cons list but I still can't decide..

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

would you really want to go to an IPhone?
the Iphone 5 has only just equalled the Galaxy 3, and i dont think i would want a phone that cracks screen that easy too.
a friend dropped her I5 onto her wooden kitchen counter and the screen broke.

i have a Galaxy S2 as well, my wife just got her new Galaxy S4 to replace here S2.
mine gets a hard life, i have cut into it with my angle grinder and 1mm cutting disc quite a few times.
hit it with the 7" disc sander
dropped it, and kicked it across the cement with my steel caps plenty

the new GS4's are good, i will be getting one in 2 months.

Ive got a iphone 4S and never broke the screen.. Im tough as hell on it and my 4yr old is always throwing it and dropping it...
Im up for contract renewal at the moment too and im thinking the same thing.. Iphone or Galaxy..
I want to go with a new phone as im pretty bored with the iphone UI.. its been basically the same since it came out years ago, but the iphone is just so good. everything is done easily, and it just works flawlessly and fast.
Everytime i have a look at any other phones, they just seem clunky and not as well thought out usability wise..
Im at least gonna wait till the new iphone comes out and see what theyve got going on...
I saw a sony that had a huge screen and a 12mp camera and was fully waterproof that I thought looked good too...
Decisions Decisions!

I'm with an iPhone like u said mate, ease of you use and has everything you need in a phone, nothing to improve on a reckon that's not getting down with app upgrades all the time.
Never had a problem with breakage, I like the easy flawless op system as its like second nature a lot like the old windows on ya computer and guess what you can even like dial a number and talk to people with it, amazing haha.

The two biggest problems I have with the s4 is one the size lol Im gonna have to make all my pockets bigger in my pants hahaha and two im kinda sick of the android os

If your already running android, stick with it. Iv'e been using it for about the last 3yrs and had a Bada phone b4 that. Everytime iv'e had to use an iphone iv'e found them real hard to use i.e no tab/program switching, no settings button (it's installed as an app) and a few other things really **** me to tears, so if i was you i'd be going with the samsung. Also as far as apps go Android ****es all over Ios ones, and the majority of them are free :)

There is a new iPhone coming out late next month so it will be interesting to see how much they change on it

yeah, new iphone is getting a complete UI overhaul apparently.. thats what im waiting for too..about time i recon...

Ima say something controversial here..

iPhone is like a jap bike, Android is like a china.. just not quite there with the quality and attention to detail!!
ha ha! thats how i see it anyway!

Ima say something controversial here..

iPhone is like a jap bike, Android is like a china.. just not quite there with the quality and attention to detail!!
ha ha! thats how i see it anyway!

Ohhh fighting words LOL I see it the opposite, or more the fact that the Iphone is like China and Android is the rest of the world, in that the Iphone is locked down so much that there is bugger all you can do to it, android on the other hand you are free to do with it what you like. The other thing i tell my customers when they are looking at puchasing a new phone is that if you want something simple that you cant bugger up, get the iphone, if you want something powerfull and able to do anything under the sun - get android :) This picture pretty much sums it up (where mac is iphone and PC is android)
mac-vs-pc.jpg

I may just wait till the new iphone comes out and see what it's like... if not ill have to have a hard think about it.... but in the mean time im gonna buy some bike parts to keep my self busy hahaha

if your sick of the samsung version of android
have a look at the new htc one
the htc version of android ****s all over samsungs
as much as i liked the bling bits on the s4 i cant stand the way sumsung set up the android software (clunky and ****).
so my choice was htc which i went with because i had the desire hd and loved it. there user friendly and work well with pc (bloody i junk)

If you wanna get real technical i'd have a series look at the google nexus you can build you own android like you would a lynix system. pretty technical but would so be worth it to not be limited to how a manufacturer wants you to use your phone.

i wouldn't give an android to my mum she couldn't work it i gave her an i phone there made for simple people. i wouldn't give an i phone to a business person i's give them the samsung or htc. and for a gamer or someone that listens to music and uses the speakers you can not go past the new HTC 1. man they sound the goods

Another vote for the HTC's. I'm on my second HTC Desire X, brilliant processor and display, no problems at all. Hell, the battery life is even good! Can't argue with that. Plus it was relatively cheap (~$300).

- boingk

Just to add to that I'm running a HTC velocity :) The only reason i got it is because it was the first 4G phone to come out in Aus. there are a few more out now, but the little thing hasn't failed me....yet....

I run an old Samsung flip phone. The 2001 model jokes are a hit with the ladies, and it makes phone calls. Anything else I wanna do, I use a computer for. It's bulletproof, and doesn't give me problems. Best phone I have had in the last 10 years. It was cheap too !!

Latest posts

Back