The Bike Is Back!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yer they sed they had to make the copper gasket
but ive tighten every single bolt on the engine to see if that helps but nope
its really starting to piss me off

under excelaration, or just idle... this has been said before! it is only occuring whilst its idling because the timing chain has some slack in it, and these chains get tension with more oil pressure... ie when ur excelarating

it sounds like u got riped off! 490!

sorry but , very unlikely the cam chain is spring loaded... at no time dose the cam chain rely on oil pressure to keep its tension .........
sounds like the valve adjustments are wrong the valves may be clipping each other you will be able to her it at idle quit loudly .......
Also check your IRK make sure the pick up hasent loosend up and rubbing the rotor.....

Binky, it sounds to me that you have spent some money on your engine. what you should do is remove the chain from the front sprocket and start your engine, now listen for this click noise whilst in neutral, if you cant hear this put into gear and listen. what you need to find out is the click click sound coming from the engine side or the gearbox side. if this comes from the engine side you should really contact the person who performed this work. also the cost of this sounds quite high to me, maybe its gold like in gold coast costs.

Last edited:
what will happen if i take the case thing off on the irk side of the engine?
will anything pop out like springs and stuff?
if it just comes off easy im going to take it off and see if i can find anything

what will happen if i take the case thing off on the irk side of the engine?
will anything pop out like springs and stuff?
if it just comes off easy im going to take it off and see if i can find anything

yes you can take flywheel cover off and nothing will fall out. It can be started without it on. Is there any sighns of sealant between barrel and head(blue or red silicone that has squeezed out when tightened) if not that would be where the oil is coming from, also if you take the head off just make sur o' ring has been refitted on the oil gallery, but i would of thought so as 50HQ mechanic is pretty good and work is usally top quality.

yes you can take flywheel cover off and nothing will fall out. It can be started without it on. Is there any sighns of sealant between barrel and head(blue or red silicone that has squeezed out when tightened) if not that would be where the oil is coming from, also if you take the head off just make sur o' ring has been refitted on the oil gallery, but i would of thought so as 50HQ mechanic is pretty good and work is usally top quality.

no theres no signs of sealant so i really ddoubt theres anything even in between it. will it do anything with it leaking or just loose oil? im going to take the flywheel cover off now and have a look in there
thanks
ryan

is it blowing blue smoke? if not than its not leaking into the combustion chamber and it should not do any damage as long as you keep an eye on the level. As long as it is not sqirting it out under pressure( which it does not sound like it is , you would no if it is as it would empty the crank case in about 2 minutes) which will cause a loss in oil pressure to the head.

thanks roost
i just took the flywheel cover off to see what it looked like in there ill take a pic and put it up :)

Latest posts

Back