the dangers of facebook

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clunky64

Reaction score
hey all

I thought i might give you all something to think about in regards to facebook, my nephew runs an employment business and was telling me the first place they check when reviewing a candidate is facebook He was saying that is the only place you find out what a person is really like. He will give a candidate the flick purely based on facebook assesment.

So if your looking for a job, think before you write

hey all
after the recent banning from miniriders of a popular member due to their facebook comments i thought i might give you all something to think about,my nephew runs an employment business and was telling me the first place they check when reviewing a candidate is facebook,he was saying that is the only place you find out what a person is really like.and he will give a candidate the flick purely based on facebook assesment.
so if your looking for a job,think before you write

Ive know of people to loose there jobs due to stupid things they post on facebook.. doesnt surprize me at all that employment agencies are using FB to check up peoples true character and antics

what if their profile is on private?? then they cant see anything???

i understand though, facebook is dangerous, but thats why i have a limited about of people on there, i dont care what i say on there, i say whatever i want, and i can coz i onlt have friends on there.. people add random people for the dake of it, if you add FRIENDS then you can say whatever you want =) my opinion anyway =)

If you want to keep your girlfriend or wife, then dont have facebook. i have never had it and never will because of the whole job thing. its not what you say but what other people from your past might say.

Look guys this is a good thread but I would rather not speak about said X member again around here.

She was her own downfall. Everything said anywhere on the internet has it's consiquences and now she has to live with them.

No one was more shattered at some of her comments than me and it was I that had to ban her.

Hope that clears things up a bit as I don't want anymore threads relating to the incident. If anyone want's to know anything else about it then PM me and I will try and answer your questions.

I'm going to reopen this thread again as the topic is definately something that should be discussed.

Let's just keep it on track and relevent.

Face book ,,,,,,, hahaha i cant believe if your older then 10 you have an account ,,,

facebook announced this week that if you delete a friend from your list it will send it to all your other friends that you have deleted that person, sounds to me that facebook is trying to cause trouble

Funny+facebook+image.jpg

I dunno. I even pay a few bucks, for my ad there. My page gains me a bit of business, worldwide. I do agree that a person looking for employment, romance, etc may want to think before hitting the "enter" button. I hear that employers use it, but only second-hand, so not so sure. As far as comments made there being held against some one on a different electronic medium, well, I'mma keep that under my hat.

lol you's are all worried about employment and wat not, what about the feds. they use it more than anyone lol...

personally i couldnt care wat i say or do on there, if ppl are going to just judge you regarding the dribble i post on there then screw them i say...

Latest posts

Back