The GDFPs' Zeeeee Fiddy on a tear, Z50

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_GDFP

Master Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
My ragged little Z50 gets used for testing motor builds, so the frame holes are aboot worn out, but otherwise in fair shape. +1 fork legs and stiff springs will be giving way to a set of KLX lowers mated to NSR50 uppers and damper rods (same height as now) and the ugly arm getting pitched for a modded KX60 one. 1980 CR80 shocks will stay:) Might bang some of the dings outta the tank once it starts snowing. Might not.
Here it is in the condition I usually have it in for strafing the neighborhood. YX160/195cc, ported V2 head, Tak S35 decomp cam, PE28 on TB manifold, 6-disk clutch. Clears the tank and frame. Goes pretty good, I guess. Ugly little spud is old enough that it slid under the DMV radar and got a street title so I'll get it a little more road-worthy when said snow hits. 8" tires suck in the slush, unless I install some snow-blower tires. Won't.

0_0-5.jpg

Mobile Uploads :: Video060.mp4 video by firepower354 - Photobucket

Mobile Uploads :: Video057.mp4 video by firepower354 - Photobucket

Different 195, same turd, at the indoor kart track we ride in the winter.
1_0.jpg

compressed air works a treat for knockin out tank dints ;) just find another cap, seal off the outlet and pump it full o air till.. POP.. out comes ya dint.. dont go to much or ya risk busting a seam!!

Gotta love the Zeds!! 50R FT(UR)W(UnRegisterable-down here)

If you do the KX swinger swap, be sure to keep us posted as to how it happens and maybe consider taking photos and doing a write up.. Keen as to see this kinda build underway with a good blow by blow description :)

Will-do, on the arm swap step-by-step.
I have an XR75 one but the KX seems cooler:)
Heap on there's gotta go, regardless...lol

I even thought about making it a sidecar rig, with a trio of polished alloy 5" kart rims and a LOW stance. Just for post office runs.

Thanks for the tank tip. Might give it a try. Ether might expand it too much, but make for good Youtubing?

So, I narrowed up the frame bosses to accept the XR swinger. KX60 arm may end up on there, but it'll need shock mounts and is pretty long. XR one seems almost too long??? Tail light and license plate will add a bit of rear-end length, so maybe it's OK?
Still gotta get the triples finished for the KLX1110 fork swap. TB makes them, but I'm cheap and wanna try to adapt the stem, myself.

Photo378.jpg

Photo380.jpg

Last edited:
Got my new Honda Trail Bikes triples to run KLX110 forks, last night.

Photo394.jpg

Considering fabbing a muffler like an old TL, to knock down noise and keep from sooting my shocks after I polish the alloy bodies.

tl125perfect2.jpg

Last edited:
Seeing as it's a little tank, I'd fill it full of water and put it in a freezer before trying the compressed air trick ;)

Anyone got a chest freezer I can stick a GSX1400 tank in? :p

Might try a trick or two on the tank before tossing it for a new knockoff. Body work is NOT my strong point.

Looking at a few different wheel options now. 8" stockers seem correct, but there's room for 10's and I have ZB and CT wheels, plus some alloy CT 1-piece jobs. Lots of choices. I'm leaning towards the big 10" Kenda's, for dual-sport look. Heavy, but I can make enough power to turn them;)

Photo397.jpg

Photo411.jpg

Photo405.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back