The I'm just doing thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks Rodney,
just something a bit different, and you gotta love the glassy 2K finish too

looks sweet! As. The pearl makes for magic finish :)

yeah it's good stuff, pity i can't get a decent picture of it, looks a lot better in real life.

i got a brand new metallic Purple Malvern Star Dragstar 3 speed for my 8th birthday.
2 years later i customised it, i respayed it a deep blue colour.
i fitted a 10 speed racer seat to it (before bmx were popular), and fitted a pair of 10 speed racer 27" forks (for that chopper look), and used some cut down bullhorn handlebars.

i used to love fixing bikes,
i did up my old Limited Edition 1980 Moscow Olympics model 10 speed racer
stripped it back to bare metal and resprayed it in Candy apple red, customised that with some singles rims with glue on tyres etc, decent chain and gears, derailers, seat bars, brakes etc etc

then i started to tech myself bodywork and automotive painting at 16 years old, working on my 1976 Mazda RX4 S2
fixing dents and respraying panels, and it hasn't stopped since.

i started and ran my own business for 8 years doing crash/respray work, and worked in a few different crash shops doing bodywork.
so i have been doing it for 35 years now, but the first 5 or so were not so full on.

i've just come back inside, trying to cool off
it is 44.2° C here atm, or 111.56° F for any US members

we got dark clouds now, and a bit of thunder,
and the temp has dropped down to 37.2°

^^unplug electrical goods!! i learnt that the hard way........
bloody summer storms......where i live is known as "lightning alley".....damn...

Good news, runnin outta water sucks......
just downloading music! taken a while on my internet :/......

we got dark clouds now, and a bit of thunder,
and the temp has dropped down to 37.2°

time to drag out the thermals then LOL got to 39 today here, meant to be hotter again tommorow... Trying to find a day to take a Busa for a test ride, not to keen in this weather though.

i just made a clutch nut socket to use on the z155
used some scrap steel and an old 1/4 drive socket, cut the tube down to suit, weldd the socket into it and then tempered it.
i reckon it should last as long as a china one, maybe longer ?

Just gathered up all the tools in the living room from tinkering with my Roketa for the past 12 hours. Building a mini bike in the living room...just one more item on the list of "things I can do because I live alone".

i just made a clutch nut socket to use on the z155
used some scrap steel and an old 1/4 drive socket, cut the tube down to suit, weldd the socket into it and then tempered it.
i reckon it should last as long as a china one, maybe longer ?

certainly longer, pretty sure kinchrome sells a castle nut tool that fits these pitties or wurth same thing

i had a quick look and couldn't find any.
and the China or US made ones are a bit dear too.

Ready to take the 12 10 vert out for my first ride on it. My first 10 inch has me excited lol.

If it aint broke, break it.

Latest posts

Back