The Japs Only section

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I_THUMP

Reaction score
Well guys we finally got a Japs only section for all you CRF and KLX riders. Post all jap bike related topics in here and I will move all existing related threads here aswell.

Please keep this section China free.

Cheers unit and motoxxx ;) , you have all been wanting it and it is needed seeing as there are so many jap 50s on the forum now.

unit, wtf have u been looking at to find pics like that :confused: LOL Coolie was spot on when he said thats one scary image Hahaha

siiiick this will make this place a whole lot more interesting, if its used, which it probably will be since theres been more jap bikes around here lately.

Jap section is killing it!!!

Good addition to the forum....
Bought heaps of new members to it aswell as its like its own little forum in a way....

It has taken off better than I expected so now we may need to look into having a Jap tech section and a general Jap section. Does anyone have any other thoughts or ideas about it?

mmm dunno bout general chat and that just leave it as is or i guess it might work with the general and that ;)...

Not general chat but general jap mini talk for all the threads like post pics, the I just did and all the other threads like that. Then all the jap tech and mechanical threads in another, so the jap section would have 2 sub forums so there still all in the same section. There are a lot of threads in this section in its short time its been around and they are growing at a fast pace so I'm just thinking it will be more organised but I want to know what all the regulars think about it because you are the ones that contribute and help make this site what it is.

Last edited:
Sounds good , there is no harm in trying?

So a tech section and a jap mini chat section?

basically it would be that when you click on the crf/klx section there would be the 2 sections to view.

It is just a thought and I havent even ran it by coolie or anyone else yet but I just wanted some feedback from you all before I push to get it set up. Coolies probably reading this thinkin shit thats more work :p

yep
and atm not a good thing

the cleanest way to do it is to make them sub forums but as motoxx says you have to look for them

i can make them a seperate forum but if your gunna make a jap mini chat you might as well use the miniriders mini chat

now the jap based tech section might be worth while as they have differant issue's and parts than most chinas so there is vallor in that

i also dont wont to segrigate the 2 genre's either and start a jap verus china site like PM i like the fact that the general sode of this site have taken on the jap section and has been able to have input there

i'll look into it but i've got bigger fish to fry atm........sorry

:) ,, jap/china all bikes are made the same in the eyes of GOD lol ,, i just got a old yz 80 F 1979 ,, been siting in a shed out the back of glen innes bike shop for 15 years,, picked it up for 600 ,, only right side cover was missing ,, the owner of the shop , said it did go ,,15 years a go ,,, so i brought it,, took it home ,, cleaned the fuel tank and carb ,, put oil in it ,, had none :( ,, 2 kicks and it came to life, , o yeah it,s a big foot ,, i think the first year yz 80 big foot came out,, may be wrong on that ,,, , well any way ,,, i am doing her up ,, got new cltch plates / fork seals/ rings/ little end bearing,, ,, :) , so i started with the frok seals ,,,{my QUESTION is how much oil goes in the forks } / AND want type of oil / car oil or specal fork oil ??????????,,, thx 4 any and all help :)

Last edited:
God sent china bikes here to test us all.

Hey dude , best way to find how much oil required for your conventional cartridge forks would be through the owners manual or finding it out of the net. Measuring the amount of oil tipped from your fork whilst draining them is a preety inaccurate method of mesure as it would of leaked in ts past so the levels wont be coorect.

Since she's an old girl you wont be pushing the limitis on it so around 10wt fork oil should be fine. Any motorbike speific fork oil will work , but don't overfill otherwise you'll bust out your seals.

ok thx ,, in the end i put in 250 ml ,, was not hard enought ,, 50 ml more and were nice ,,, just have 2 test it on a jump :rolleyes: frok oil in the end was a 150 ml ,,, and the springs were in wrong ,, pulled then apart and put them the right way ,,, all good now :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back