Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate, will have a read of those too.

Got my gopro for water stuff, what about a second hand jobby like this?

Fujifilm Fuji FinePix S5600 Digital Camera.

It's only 5 mp but it rates really well againt it's competitors. $599 new I can get this with a few other gadgets n lenses for $190.
But it doesn't do HD video and doesn't zoom in video mode?

^5MP? my phone does better, i realise the MP isn't the be all and end all, but 5mp is pretty ****. Check out Kogan, they were doing factory refurbs not to long ago.

I would try and stick to some top brands, like Canon and nikon are the best in my opinion, followed by olympus and sony. Do you want a camera that you can interchange lenses? It is cheaper to get a zoom camera like timeeh said. I was thinking maybe a Canon sx50 $400 new or about $200 second hand.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Canon-Po...AU_Digital_Cameras&hash=item3cdab10a2a&_uhb=1
My first camera was the sx30, was great to learn with. The sx50 has a great sensor and can do great video. The sensor is the same quality as that in a DSLR middle of the range.
It can also capture 13 shots with in a second, which would be great for sports, motocross etc.

Last edited:
For the price it is a nice camera, just noticed it can capture up to 8 minute exposures, so you can play around with night shots, and moving water etc. That macro function should be alot of fun too.

Not entirely sure what you mean mate, but I am glad you didn't say it's crap! :D
I have a lot to learn, but it's something that's always interested me so should be some good times ahead!

Nice choice mate and great price, all the functionality ther to keep u busy if u wanna play, and a decent zoom and Marco to match. Good stuff mate, now keen to see some pics.

I didn't read though all these posts but a lot of people have said things like, Oh that's a great photo, what camera do you have, or "only 5mp ? My phone does better" To be honest a camera is just a tool for photography.You can use any thing these days and get a half decent photo. Having a great top of the range camera isn't any good if you know nothing about how light works,using manual settings, having the right composition ect. A camera is a tool. But like any job. A better tool can make your job turn out good.. if you know how to use it.

The point is. If you have an amazing camera and expensive gear and editing programs and have no idea how to use it all.. you're not going to get the photos you want and you're not going to get any where close to the potential of your camera. It pains me to see some one that has a 6k plus camera, shooting in auto and using the rear screen to frame the shot like a point and shoot. Sorry if I offend people.. So just use what you have,take pictures, learn lots and just practice.

I will take photos of every thing and push myself and camera to the limit to take the best photo possible and do it just to get experience. People call me the profile pic suppler lol.. I don't have the best gear and my camera is no where near the best but I still try really hard and i'm getting to the point where I need a better camera because i'm reaching the limits of my camera, something I didn't think would happen.

I also don't really edit my photos because.. I just don't know how :p So I do a lot of the work with my camera and do very little editing. I am learning more about it though so I can just add that little bit extra to my work to keep up with other photographers..

Here is one of my latest photos, taken with my dslr and broken tri pod lol, It's in a really small size but you get the idea. The full photo is a massive file and really clear :) So happy with it. Feed back would be great. Thanks for reading.

1488677_10201207636465357_281354794_n.jpg

nice shot, what camera/ lens did you use? and sttings?
Just to back cardogs up here you do need something to begin with, learning about how to use the light to your advantage is one thing, but you need something to capture the light aswell, I noticed huge differences in my photography when upgrading from my sx30 to my 40d, and the same when I got my 60d. Not that your wrong it is just you may as well learn on something that you won't outgrow (or what ever you call it) in a few weeks. Something that takes raw images will also be a great advantage for editing.

Anyway, would love to see the no compressed version of that picture. looks the goods.

I've been reading every bit of info on photography lighting I can find in the last few hours, atbh I feel a little overwhelmed with all of it!

One of the important facts that I did understand is the importance of a detached flash or flashes, and that learning to use and understanding different types of natural light and using that with your artificial light/Flash to create the perfect image.

And try and shoot in raw format as it has more editing ability later on. that's all I got! :D

Last edited:
Hey do you fella's use these?

Their only $38. Is it worth storing it in the cupboard for the occasional pic ?

Last edited:
It says it has wireless external flash capability's , is that not what those diffusers are for?

If not I did see that you can get a hotshoe add on that has a wire feed from camera to flash also.

Just thought it might be a cheap useful addition, do you guys not use them?

If you need someone to hold anything like stands or diffusers maybe oil boy I'll put my hand up mate, cause that's what mates do lol.

It's helping me LOL I see poles and an unbrella. Dunno bout worth storing, but i have a feeling your camrea wont allow for remote flash anyway, so probably pointless?

I'm not saying the picture wasn't good! :D
Just not very helpful.

If you need someone to hold anything like stands or diffusers maybe oil boy I'll put my hand up mate, cause that's what mates do lol.

You can be my oil boy any time Brendon!:hump:

I've never used one but would be cool, probably not necessary at this stage though. There also more for portraits

Well my boy will be born in 12 weeks and I was hoping to take some decent photo's of him when he comes out. Think I'll buy them anyway. :)

See how they go!

Latest posts

Back