Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guys,

the car has been my long term project, i've owned it almost 28 years now.
still needs to be stripped down to a bare shell and done from the ground up.
the paint job was a quicky for my wedding a few years ago, it took a week from start to finish including body work.
finished it at 1am, the day of our wedding
that week, the temperature in Adelaide was an average of 42 degrees, damn hot.

the car was satin black for approx 10 years before it was painted.

i even found Marilyn Manson hiding under the paintwork when i was rubbing it back,

and a skull too,

Haha nice mate but creepy as hell, there's also a skull looking towards the front on the back door in the first rub back picture and some crazy grinch eyes on the front door. Or have I had to many rums?
yjady6yv.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

thanks Russ,

Brendo,
on the front section of the back door, in the middle, i see a weird looking scream face ?
2x eyes, a nose and a big yellow mouth.

Marilyn Manson also looks like a German Shepard too if you uncover the other half of it's head.

i'm always spotting weird shapes etc when rubbing cars back.
i thought i'd start taking pictures and make a book one day ?

here are another couple of pictures i have ,

my old 1972 F100,

[video=youtube;9aKXOC_n_Ds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aKXOC_n_Ds[/video]

Nice XR Craig and F100 i have always had a soft spot for the early Fords. Thanks for sharing the pics and info mate.

Bump.... Heres one from Shearers on the weekend, with Macca chasing Bean. My sis took this one i just played with it a little.

DSC00370.JPG

^^ thanks mate,
sadly i sold it 18 months ago.
it was a good toy,
balanced and blueprinted 351C, 750vac holley carby, Electronic ignition, closed chamber heads, side exit exhaust pipes
recond h/d C4 trans, 2500 stall convertor, 4.11 Dana diff, 3 core crossflow radiator
5" lowered rear end, disc brake front end.
custom dash fitted by me, out of an XC GXL, XC steering column and wiring loom, 5 speed intermittant wipers
mesh sunvisor, Halogen headlights, LPG, LTD/Marquis side mirrors
custom filled rear tub corners, chrome shark fins on each side of the bonnet.
probably a lot more too...

That thing is clean as^^^

Pretty sure i've posted on here before, but thought i'd share some new stuff. For a few years i've been mucking around taking photos at motocross races, since my accident i've tried to sharpen my skills and see what i can do, just to keep me entertained while i'm not racing :angry-smiley-010:

Also been mucking around learning some photo editing skills....

Local club race

RM3 at Southern Cross last year

Might need to look twice at this one.....

Excellent shots Russ !!! + reps
that's mountain goat territory up the top of the Ranges

Ok so I need some advice on getting a new or secondhand camera for around $300

I have absolutely no clue on what I should be looking for? Most of the photo's I take are of scenery but I do want to get more into action shots at the track.

My mate recently got a DSLR and it takes awesome picks! But I'm wanting to keep my budget fairly low at the moment. Just till I get the hang of it all.

It that sort of price i'd look at one of the "super zoom" cameras. Here is a good write up of some of the current gen
http://www.cameralabs.com/buyers_guide/superzoom/best_superzoom_camera.shtml

It's great to have the ability to see nearly to otherside of the race track or anything a decent distance away. And most of the super zooms give you some/most of the funtionality of an SLR, although they do lack a ccd which in turn affects the pic quality. But thats where i would start.

OR from left field, get a Olympus tough camera. Get little units, being drop/dust and water proof. Not much in the way of a great lens (but certainly not bad) but they more than make up for it in toughness, + the waterproof ones can be a real bonus if you do any snorkelling or beach activities.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back