Throttle cable help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicknackzz13

Reaction score
Hey yall.. got a new 7Z RED CNC 7/8" THROTTLE CLAMP SDG SSR CRF70 KLX110 107 110 125 PIT BIKE CL05

and i tried to install it but it seems like my throttle cable is too small? the wire inside the rubbering throttle doesnt go around the throttle inside for me to close it up to twist..

i know i can buy a longer throttle cable but its the inside of the throttle cable i need to be longer.. where the heck do i buy these? lol

Ebay is normally the cheapest place, here they are about $6-$10 inc delivery

TboltUS have 5 or 6 different cables listed on their page- Pit Bike Engine Parts - CARB KITS & CABLES - TBolt USA, LLC
or any pit bike dealer near you should stock them too.

There are a few different length cables available, so you'll need to work out how much longer you need your inner to be.
Take the cable out and measure the black outer cable end to end, and add a little if you need it longer.
Take note if you need a bend throttle end or straight.
Then measure the inner wire cable and add some for the extra length you need for the new CNC throttle.
Does the seller of the throttle you bought have a listing for a matching cable ?

Bought it from PCCMotor through amazon and yeah i think they sell throttle cables.. only problem is how do i know if there longer? the one im using says its around 38/39inches but im not sure if thats inner or outter cable, the inner cable i need is about an inch more to fit properly

Ebay is normally the cheapest place, here they are about $6-$10 inc delivery

TboltUS have 5 or 6 different cables listed on their page- Pit Bike Engine Parts - CARB KITS & CABLES - TBolt USA, LLC
or any pit bike dealer near you should stock them too.

There are a few different length cables available, so you'll need to work out how much longer you need your inner to be.
Take the cable out and measure the black outer cable end to end, and add a little if you need it longer.
Take note if you need a bend throttle end or straight.
Then measure the inner wire cable and add some for the extra length you need for the new CNC throttle.
Does the seller of the throttle you bought have a listing for a matching cable ?

your so helpful to everyone your amazing :)

Welll i still cant find any throttle cables that would be long enough inside (inner cable) to install my throttle, can anyone help me out with some links on what i should be looking out for?

thanks!

this is from the link i posted above to tbolt

the first cable there is this one

Type 1
the details for this cable are written next to it (when you click on that cable)

Overall Length 34inches or 863.6mm

Jacket Length 28inches or 711.2mm

Exposed inner cable 3.25" or 82.55mm

product_thumb.php

the second cable down has 70mm cable exposed at one end

Type 2

Throttle Cable For Pitbikes & Mini Quads

May be used with Twist or Thumb throttles

25.5" (645mm) Overall jacket length with all adjusters at min

3 adjuster to lengthen jacket

2.75" (70mm) of exposed free cable

product_thumb.php

the third cable down has 130 exposed cable at one end

Type 3

Throttle Cable For Pitbikes & Mini Quads

May be used with Twist or Thumb throttles

35" (890mm) Overall jacket length with all adjusters at min

3 adjuster to lengthen jacket

5" (130mm) of exposed free cable

product_thumb.php

Above you mentioned that you cable length is 39", make sure that is from one wire end to the other wire end.

This cable on Amazon is 39" long overall- Amazon.com: Promax 39" Throttle Cable for 125 cc 140cc 150 cc Chinese SSR Coolster Dirt Bike Pit Bikes: Automotive
So the outer cable/jacket from end to end is 35" long, and it has 4.3" of cable hanging out the end
How does it compare with your cable measurements?
You will need to remove the cable from your bike (out of the carby) to get an accurate measurement

Thnak you for the examples and the information on these, there confusing to me so its hard to know which i should go for, just wanna get the right one first time so i dont gotta send it back return and change and **** like that!!

also, does anyone know if crf150r mx bike graphics would fit on a crf70/80 style plastics?? of a crf80 (just throwing that out there lol)

Latest posts

Back