throttle problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSV_Hunny04

Reaction score
Ok guy since my last few post took my bike out on the weekend went great BUT the only thing now is when your riding it and you back off the throttle its seems to be still rev a bit and still scoot around with out the accelerator on like i have to push the break on so slow me down other wise it would take off none of the cables are kinked or caught under any think i was just wondering if any one had an idea how to fix it??

does it idle high?
if not does it take a while to return to a low idle after you have rev'ed it a bit?

can you here the carb slide return to bottom when pulling the throttle on and releasing (without engine running), you should hear a bit of a clunk in the carb...

cable lubed yes havent been in mud, idles normal, that might be my b my problem it kinda slowon the release, yes carbys been cleaned, yea i got a gap on hand grip n throttle mechanism

if it takes a bit to return to idle and no other problems are present then too small of pilot jet can do this..

I would say the throttle canble needs a better route down past the forks and number plate to the carbie

or is their any dirt inside the throttle where its connected to your cable. u should check my throttle out .. i need a brand new one i can push it forward or pull it back lol pretty dangerous when i try slow down..

i had this exact same problem on my mso140. I took the throttle assembly off and held as it would be clamped on the bars. When i cracked the throttle the cable would slide of the "rail" it was suppose to follow and come down beside it. Eventually it would come back by itself of it you gave it a bit of a tap. I had to much around with the cable inside the handle. ended up gluing a piece of plastic in there to try and keep it on track. Seems to have worked.
So pull it off and hold the clamps shut and see if the cable comes down past where your bar would be

have you got bar ends? have you cut the plastic back on the throttle and the grip is touching the bar?

Latest posts

Back