Throttle suggestions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHZ_XR8cing

Master Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
I have tried most of the generic throttles on the market on my lxr.
Some work good.
Some are ok.
Some are very ordinary

I want to try to find one that works awsome. Needs to be plastic tube.
These I have found to be best but im still not happy with it totally.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/THROTTLE...orcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d9844ff6

Throw some suggestions at me. links would be good and some feedback. thanks

Anyone had anything like this??
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOMMASEL...09?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item1e76079c35

i like the look of that Tomaselli, but the price is a bit much.

check out the ones from Akunar,
i dont mind the Daytona's , buy one of each, they are cheap enough
or we could organise a group buy, for cheaper postage..
http://www.akunar.com/THROTTLES.htm

just noticed they even have a fluro pink one for Hillz too :cheer2:

I know what you mean about the price of the Tomaselli. I would hate to buy 1 to find out its junk.
If I added up the prices of the throttles I have brought over the years I could of brought a few of them.

The daytona looks the best at Akunar.. They are very cheap.
Postage was a killer last time I looked at getting stuff of them. Im keen on a bulk buy if the throttles work ok.

i have used tomaselli throttles on my road race bikes for a few years and found them to be gr8 and of good quality. there is a lot of cheap crap out there. ask the guy if its genuine if it is its approx what i paid for my last couple a few yaesr ago. hope this helps.

Im with you on the whole throttle saga DHZ_XR8cing ...Ive found that i really hate the original throttle on my LXR mostly because i have to twist it around so far that it becomes very uncomfortable at full bore and my wrist is in a crappy position i need a smaller turn setup dunno what comes stock on the LXR but i wanna smash it with a hammer

Hey I know you said your not into big squares, and I'm not even sure these will fit over a throttle assembly but I don't reckon you can go past the the good ol Oori grips for treadly's I've always used them,

The only thing I can pick on them for is they tend to wear quickly, but in saying that there super tacky with good gloves!

Im pretty happy with my grip choice.
Its the throttles that I find are average at best and thought there must be something out there that I have not used as yet.

What are you comparing to? Jap bikes? What don't you like about them? The only thing I don't like with mine is the sideways slop but I can love with that for now.

The first link I sent is an ok throttle but the piece the cable goes into is dodgy and they fail.
Not really comparing it to anything. Its been that long since I have been on a jap bike. Just looking for something smooth and durable

Latest posts

Back