THUMPINOZ'S BUILD

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THUMPINOZ

Reaction score
Starting my build thread & Thought I would tease you's with these first>

Damn nicest (mini bend) bars I have ever seen, I want a set (or 2) of these for my big bike, These will go really well with the look of the bike im building too

http://www.spexmx.com/CATALOGUE.pdf

I got these for $50 including express postage (Not from this link though of course)>
Future Sport Motorcycles Townsville

SPEXMINIBEND.jpg

SPEXMINIBENDCLAMP2.jpg

SPEXMINIBENDCLAMP.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you get them from then lol

I have coated the frame satin black & given the swingarm a quick polish, Im going to put the NEW tank, (black) plastics & seat on soon, Need to hunt up some more (stainless) nuts & bolts
Wheels & billet (Not cast) triple clamp set is on the way
I will be doing a wanted thread to hunt up the bits & pieces I need....Sometime?
If you have any Atomik Nitrous / Pit-Pro 125RR or similar parts laying round that will fit let me know?

FRAMESATINBLACK-1.jpg

Last edited:
I got hold of nearly all the needed nuts, bolts, Screws & washers (Stainless too) to put it together for a whole $12, Luckily I know the bloke where I buy them!

No rust happening there (I live 2K's from the beach)

Hopefully my wheels & billet triple clamps will get here tomorrow, Wont hold me breath but they should be here by Monday

I might put the motor in over the weekend?

ATOMIK.jpg

ATOMIKSPEX.jpg

Going to get some better graphics later on but will leave the protective covers on the atomik graphics for now while im buiding it

Last edited:
looking good mate, just be careful where you put the stainless bolts as there not hi-tensile.

You can get Zinc coated Hi-tensile which look pretty much the same...but ht.

looking good mate, just be careful where you put the stainless bolts as there not hi-tensile.

You can get Zinc coated Hi-tensile which look pretty much the same...but ht.

Thanks MiniFighter

Yeah I know but stainless bolts will very likely be much stronger than the taiwanesee bolts that come standard on most pit bikes

Zinc coating is like a goldy colour usually I thought, & generally still rusts & end up lookin crappy

I will just go with black carbon high tensile bolts if I need them

Last edited:
Those bars are sick. Its looking good already!

Thanks Jono
Yes it is going to be a shame just to clamp them onto the mounts, It will be even worse to use them on the dirt, Sorta wish I was building a motard but dont really have anywhere to ride one here

Cant wait to have a ride especially with these bars

Sorting out the suspension & brakes may be the things that slow me down, I am not sure if the brakes I have will work? I will have to have a look at the back brake setup on the weekend & see if it will work

The dirt won't worry em, its just the clamps lol. Once you've secured them don't move anything EVER again! haha. Nah it will be hot as.

Good luck with the brakes.. maybe get a bracket fabbed up if you need to.. for the fronts anyways.

Thanks MiniFighter

Yeah I know but stainless bolts will very likely be much stronger than the taiwanesee bolts that come standard on most pit bikes

Zinc coating is like a goldy colour usually I thought, & generally still rusts & end up lookin crappy

I will just go with black carbon high tensile bolts if I need them

yep for sure, cable ties would be strong than china grade bolts.

Zinc looks much the same as the staino ones, just a tad less shine, they will still rust over time as will the black hi tensile bolts. A $2 can of supercrap auto clear coat before fitting stops them rusting. No rust + Hi-ten = Win win.

Yeah sure. Try em and if they fit see what you reckon. If you're not racing it or tackling gnarly decents then they'll probably get you out trouble. Keep the pics coming as you go!

Yeah Im hoping to have a bit more of it together tomorrow maybe?

I know Im not working with a Japper or a high end pitbike but I am doing the best within my budget

For sure mate. I reckon thats why pittys rock. Build to your budget, have fun and learn stuff while you do it. Winner.

Looking good mate!
defiantly get some new graphics! dont like atomik ones! haha maybe some custom ones?

The Atomik graphics will be coming off very soon & I will be looking for something to put on there? Anyone have any idea what graphics I should get, I have something in mind but what do you's reckon?

The Atomik graphics will be coming off very soon & I will be looking for something to put on there? Anyone have any idea what graphics I should get, I have something in mind but what do you's reckon?

Anything othe than whats on there will be a winner...

How about some official Miniriders.com graphics????

Stay tuned. Will get a thread up soon....... :)

Latest posts

Back