THUMPINOZ'S BUILD

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Yeah the red/black Minirider graphics will look sweet on this, Wanna have a ride or 2 on it & will possibly end up scratching the Atomik graphics before I get the Minirider set

I have been slowly peeling the stickers off the Fastace forks but I dont have fingernails really so thats a slow process, I will be fitting shorter GPX forks within the next week or so & that will fix that

I have a carbon look stator cover on the way already to go with the bars

Cant wait to do it all over again with the next build, It will have a 160cc & be a bit more suited to adults, Trying to keep this one more for the kids with a lower seat height & the 125 motor, It should do the job

lookin good mate, cant wait to get my red hoses on my bike they look trick, were did you get the airfilter sock from? the whole colour scheme is good, my sorta bike:first:

Yeah the hoses will tidy up your bike just nicely, I sent DHZ_XR8cing some blue hose at the same time I sent yours so it will be good to see both soon

The pre filter/cover is from ebay US but here is their site for the details>
Outerwears, Inc. - Original manufacturer of Pre-Filters & Shockwears

http://www.ebay.com/dsc/i.html?LH_T...+filter&_odkw=outerwears&_dashexp=1&_osacat=0

I got the black one from one of my other toys

Not sure if they have hit the minibike scene yet as I have never seen another one with a pre filter fitted? They are available in lotsa colours too so you could get a red one if you like, I may have to find a red one (or 2) soon

Note the shortened coil lead too Rotn, Easy to do

Just looked at the dates & I started this build thread exactly 1 month ago, Hope the next build goes as smooth & as quick, Got a feeling it wont though?

Last edited:
Have not got much done cause im outta action/injured, I ordered the footpeg mount directly from Atomik to make sure I got the correct one that fits & received a set of footpegs instead but they gladly sent out the peg mount & I got a bonus set of stock pegs now

I received a new 12" front wheel from DHZ but it had an issue and had to send it back, I will be receiving a replacement 12" front wheel along with a 10" rear wheel from DHZ sometime next week, Top service from DHZ

I ordered a set of Pirelli Scorpion tyres to suit the 10"R & 12"F wheels today, Going to be interesting to see how the smaller wheels look & more importantly how it handles, Should be much better suited for kids anyway & the wheels will actually fit under the guards like they should

Last edited:
Added some Koolance to my fuel hose today, Some snazzy looking 10mm hose clamps

Not the best weather/light for pics today :thumbdown:
KOOLANCECLAMPSFITTED.jpg

KOOLANCE10MM.jpg

CLAMPSHOSE.jpg

That fuel line and clamps look awsome.
Those outawares covers are brilliant.
They make a great one to put on ya shock to look after it.

Yeah only just got the hose clamps, I would have sent you down some clamps with your blue hose if I had some then

The Outerwears stuff is great, Its a shame most bike shops are not up to date with the new stuff going on out there, I dont think many shops in OZ would know what Outerwears is let alone stock it, If only I had my own shop :grinning-smiley-003

Some shops are lucky to have fuel hose
For those waiting (for the colours I currently dont have) I will have the fuel hose this week sometime
PM if ya's are interested in the hose clamps also

Starting to feel a bit more mobile today so I might be able to get some stuff done today & tomorrow, The foot pegs & mount would be a good start

Might have a go at fitting the billet brake hose clamps I have on the swingarm too, Another new thing to show you all that I have not seen on any bikes yet

Last edited:
Billet brake hose clamps sound pretty cool. Cant wait to see them.
I have not seen the outawares stuff in a motorbike shop near me.The shock cover i used on my Outlaw was from a speedway shop and designed for a car.

I got the pegs & mount on the other day, Fitted the 10" & 12" wheels last night with some new Pirelli Scorpion tyres, It looks more like a CRF50 size/style bike should, The smaller front & rear guards were certainly not made for 12" & 14" wheels so they look outta place on there to me, I can always go back to the bigger wheels when the kids are more confident

I might be able to pickup a set of GPX forks early next week hopefully?

I got some pics pics with the new "LITTLE" wheels fitted, Just need to tidy up the wires & brake hoses etc & fit the shorter GPX 660mm forks in the next few days then its good to go
Need some bolts to bolt the skid plate on properly as you can see

Might have a matching (RED) twin cab ute to put it on very soon too, No more borrowing a trailer & using the family wagon & gettin it dirty, Hard to tell that I actually hate red (& gold) on bikes or cars or all together

Brings the bike back to how a CRF50 should look, Who ever thought of using the bigger wheels on a CRF50???, Must have been a shortage of CRF70 plastics in China at some stage years ago, I reckon the CRF70 bikes suit the bigger wheels, The shorter GPX forks will get it sitting much better too, Its a bit long in the front at the moment & I cant drop the forks down anymore
ATOMIK10-12WHEELSFITTED.jpg

The billet red/black throttle & ODI grey (no waffle) grips finish it off nicely
ATOMIKTOPVIEW.jpg

Unwound the lead out of the coil & shortened it
ATOMIKSHORTENEDCOILLEAD.jpg

1 Million dollars, I started to keep track of it with a list but not sure now I need to find the list again, Quite a few of the parts came direct from China rather than paying the middle men so that dropped the cost a bit too, Things like the $50 bars are well worth the price, Everyman & his dog has......you guessed it Pro-Taper bars that dont even taper :lol:
Pro-Taper are known for tapered fat bars???

I have lots of bits n pieces left over now for a CRF70 style bike for me & the missus sometime soon?

Just about finished fitting some brand new GPX 660mm forks, Just gotta refit the throttle & front brake master cylinder/levers etc, Will finish that off tomorrow maybe? After driving back from Sydney today I am stuffed so I will continue with it some other time & get some pics too

Hey dont pick on pro-tapers lol. Lookin trick mate, im really diggn the wheel package it looks really good, any pics without the other wheels behind?
Did you put the rear tyre with the tread pattern like that deliberatly or made an oopsy. Any luck with the green hose yet lad, get some pics when it gets ridden for the first time eh.:applaudit::beerchug:

Yeah I thought the same thing, The 12/14 wheels behind sorta makes it hard to see the little baby wheels on it, I will get a pic tomorrow, Sits much better with the GPX forks on it

The rear (Pirelli Scorpion eXTra J) tyre is non-directional, The pic may make it look different possibly? The tread is symmetrical (((front to rear))) so it is the same no matter which way round it is

SCORPION MX EXTRA J , Motorcycle Tyres - PIRELLI INTERNATIONAL

The front is directional though & it is certainly on the correct way

SCORPION MX MID SOFT 32 , Motorcycle Tyres - PIRELLI INTERNATIONAL

Best part is the 10" & 12" Scorpions were just under $70 for both including delivery

Nah still have not received the hose, Auspost better pull their finger out?

Bike looks so much better with the smaller wheels ! :)
as soon as you get those 660mm it will sit good aswell.
just needs some new graphics haha and be looking sweet .

The 660mm GPX forks are on, Just need to finish off the little bits n pieces here & there (Like the banjo fitting upside down on the front brake master cylinder that came with the GPX forks???) when I get time

Read my post's in the Minirider graphics thread, My ideas finished off the look of the Minirider graphics, My ideas were based on making them suit the Atomik>
http://www.miniriders.com/general-chat/35854-miniriders-com-graphics-kits-first-impressions-6.html

I will go for a set of (Customized) Minirider graphics when the bike is finished and after a few test runs

Lookin really good mate you've done a top job +1 reps on the build

Thanks, have not had time to do much today so I did not get a chance to finish it off. I will get some pics ASAP

Latest posts

Back