Thumpstar Case/Transmission Issues

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C70-TURBO

Reaction score
okay, the right side case was spider cracked all through it. I called Omicron and they said there was a New better case available..but one of the transmission bearings was different and i would need to buy that as well..im like alright sweet. Case is $40 bearing is $20. I get it in the mail. The case is legit and WAY better than the original, beefier where it counts. BUT the bearing setup is complete BS. He sends a needle bearing with NO inner sleeve, it rides on the transmission shaft........dumbest S**T i have ever seen. Anyway I call omicron they are "oh yeah no problem it will work fine" Cant argue with complete dumb***es. Anyway I had to put it together cause there is no other bearing with a 17x27x12 size besides this one. Needless to say the bearing failed within 3.35 engine hours and I have a transmission that is garbage..no second or third gear.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have been trying to call Mark at AHP for the tranny they offer but he doesnt answer the phone or return calls apparently.
I still dont know what im going to do about the bearing.

Welcome to miniriders mate what engine are you running and a needle bearing in the gearbox stupidest thing I've ever heard have you tryed a bearing shop they should be able to steer you in the right direction

Mark gets busy, like all the one-man outfits....
Send me a message and pics, and I'll likely have some thing to help.

Welcome to miniriders mate what engine are you running and a needle bearing in the gearbox stupidest thing I've ever heard have you tryed a bearing shop they should be able to steer you in the right direction

Its the standard Jialing 125 motor...GPX style. No bearing shop has been able to help me the size of this bearing 27x17x12 is unique. The only thing I have found that I could work with is a 27x14x4, stack em 3 deep and find a 3mm sleeve...

Pictures of the 3 gears with broken teeth and a retarded bearing setup. Bearing shown is the same type bearing, but its not the one that failed(I think i threw it away)

Last edited:
okay, after hours of looking around I just realized all of the new YX bottom ends are running these new cases with the needle bearing on the transmission. I thought YX engines were different from GPX style?? The case half sent to me by omicron now that I think of it..is clearly a YX case half. Its thicker everywhere. I had to shave some metal off to get it to fit into the frame mounting points.
I also got ahold of Mark at AHP..He doesnt stock transmission kits for this style Jialing. I guess im SOL right now, anyone have any ideas? I really dont want to buy another stock one from omicron.

Last edited:
YX case uses a smooth output shaft to match the needle bearing. I have new and used versions of the case and trans here.

yep, the sender of the case should of sent the counter shaft side of the gearbox. now you just need a yx140 or similar complete gearbox to suit the upgraded case..

Terry is your man..

Latest posts

Back