Timing mark on flywheel won't stay on TDC just gose to the 'F' pit bike, lifan engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rizzo97

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. Been getting some good info and whatnot from this site so thought it was about time I singed up :action-smiley-003: anyway.. Tittle pretty much says it, when I try put the engine on TDC I can't get the T mark to stay on the marking on the crankcase, it sits on the F fine though. So I adjusted the valve clearences while it was on the F. The bike runs, starts fine, idles fine .. Dosnt seem like theres anything wrong with it at all.. Is there a reson it won't sit on the T mark? And will it harm the engine if I do the valve clearences on the F mark?

Welcome to Miniriders Rizzo,
drop in and say g'day in our Introduce Yourself thread too while you're here.

did you try taking the spark plug out ?

craig

Will do,

yea That was my first thought so I took it out but still won't stay there

do you have the cam gear cover off the head ?
is that mark lined up at 9 o'clock ?

Yea I do, but since I can't get flywheel to stay on the T that mark it sits bout 1 tooth above on the cam gear.

sometimes the magnet will pull it round that little bit, see if you can get a screw driver to lock it off, or a mate to hold it there. i had this happen on a couple of lifan 125's, and i just got my missus to hold it there for me :)

My 125rr dose the same thing but if I flip it round 360 it stays, but by the time I'm done doin the inlet clearence it's moved half way to the F :action-smiley-003: il re do them on me bros bike with a spannern there or rig somthin up, so adjusting the valve clearences whileitson the F is not good ?? Thanks for the quick posts ay fellas

and just make sure that the rockers are sitting on the low part of the camshaft, with the lobes facing the cylinder before you go and adjust it.

Try putting it in high gear, might help.

I am goin to try a idea I just had I'll post the solution if I get it right :action-smiley-003:

I took the flywheel off then placed it back on and lined it up, once lined up i held the cam gear in place and slid flywheel off and it disnt move b_grind:

Latest posts

Back