Tomy's Kawi KLX110 Stock/Mod Progress...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomy251

Reaction score
Finally got myself another Mini! :D

Scored this Big Girl on eBay last Friday night...Pretty Stoked!

Going to keep it Stock, apart from the Necessary Upgrades but I eventually want to end with a Decent Stock/Mod 110 which is a Class they race over in the USofA!

As I got it, completely stock apart from the Two Bros Graphics Kit...

good2.jpg

good1.jpg

Basing my Mods to the 2011MMSX Class Rules:

MM12 Stock/Mod-
This Class is for KLX/DRZ110, CRF70 and TT-R90 /110 Motorcycles Only. The following items must remain "Bone Stock": Engine cases, Engine head and cylinder (No AFTERMARKET aluminum heads allowed, no cylinder spacers allowed), carburetor (re-jetting is allowed. Choke must remain on carb), carburetor manifold, engine appearance (do not paint or coat cases), frame, swingarm, forks, wheels hubs (10" only front and rear), brakes, fuel tank. (Stock cylinder can be bored/ ONLY stock cylinders allowed!)

Bikes can be modified by changing or adding the following parts: Upper triple clamps, handlebars, grips, brake cable, throttle cable, kill-switch, throttle assembly, sprockets, graphics, tires, piston, rings, exhaust system, clutch springs and plates (clutch must remain fully automatic, NO manual clutches allowed) CDI box, air filter, fork springs, rear shock, chain, sprockets, foot pegs/mounts, skid plates, rims and spokes, shifter and brake lever, seat covers and foam, plastic (i.e.: fenders, shrouds, number plates can be replaced in color only- must have white backgrounds).

Already got a bit of a Shopping List sorted and just hearing back from PitbikePitStop before placing my Order!

Heres what Ill be receiving for my 1st Mods:

-EXTENDED FRONT BRAKE CABLE FOR KLX/DRZ110

-All Balls Steering Stem Kit KLX110

-ASV F-1 Series Universal Clutch/Brake Lever & Perch (SHORTY)

-BBR KLX/DRZ 110 Damping Rods

-BBR Heavy Duty Fork Springs - KLX/DRZ110

-RED BARON CHROMOLY FOOTPEG MOUNT WITH FOOTPEGS Black

-Pro Taper SE XR50 Handlebar Jet Black

Ill keep this Thread Updated as I go along...

Cheers,
Tomy

Last edited:
It looks cool as in stock form

proud of ya tommy

Yeah had a Blast 1st ride on it last Sunday! Probably the Best Ive ever rode on a Mini out Hinchies hahaha

is that 10" front aswell???

by the way good work ive been looking into klx110's also

Not sure as they run 14" Fronts for Stock/Mod Class haha, must be a mistake.

Yeah get one buddy! They are heaps Fun!

Be lots of fun tommy
didn't you have klx110 before? musta missd it

Sweet project. The US S/M class (at least the front half) is full of big bore, re-sleeved motors, big valved ported heads, bored carbs, lightened innards, coated parts, trick bearings, tumbled close-ratio trans' etc. I hear. Even just a port job, 57mm Athena, YX cam make it loads of fun. KLX140 carb gets through tech, usually.

yo tommy, looks good mate, i just leave it stock man, put sprockets , new platics kit an bars an exhaust an be sweet bike once all the chain guards an ugly stuff taken off. :)

Be lots of fun tommy
didn't you have klx110 before? musta missd it

Sure is! Yeah I had one as my 1st Bike ages ago haha, love em!

Sweet project. The US S/M class (at least the front half) is full of big bore, re-sleeved motors, big valved ported heads, bored carbs, lightened innards, coated parts, trick bearings, tumbled close-ratio trans' etc. I hear. Even just a port job, 57mm Athena, YX cam make it loads of fun. KLX140 carb gets through tech, usually.

Yeah, way too much for what Im planning haha. Good to know what they do with them though! Thanks for the Advice ;)

yo tommy, looks good mate, i just leave it stock man, put sprockets , new platics kit an bars an exhaust an be sweet bike once all the chain guards an ugly stuff taken off. :)

Will do...just need decent Suspension and set-up and thats all Ive got planned for at the moment haha...yeah Definitely will be getting the Ugly stuff taken off hah!

tomy get ur self five0 spring and put into ur reAR SHOCK thats what gregy has got done to his

dont forget to stroke it as well unless they finaly passed trhe new rules of no strokers lol
all the bbr boys run the 55mm stroker cranks

Picked up the 1st lot of treats for the old Green Machine today!

2011-06-30215453.jpg

Pretty Keen! Gonna start putting it together Tomorrow...if anyone knows, how much roughly would it cost to get both Wheels trued?

Cheers

Oooh I like the blue rims Tommy !

Speak to jade about the rims he may be able to help you out there

Oooh I like the blue rims Tommy !

Speak to jade about the rims he may be able to help you out there

Love Blue Rims!

gotta love a super stock :food-smiley-005:

lovely pile of parts there dude!

Super Stock's are the way to go ;)

Thanks buddy...

Well I got a bit of work done Saturday morning, managed to strip it all down and have decided to go a New Pipe and a couple of other things to add onto the Shopping Cart!

Heres a Pic of how it stands at the moment...

2011-07-02142232.jpg

More Progress once I get paid aha

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back