Tomy's Kawi KLX110 Stock/Mod Progress...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks sick man!! I think ill stick to my Crf Stocka though haha.

Cheers haha...Oh I Cant Wait till its together! She is gonna be a bit different :)

Just Ordered some more Parts...now to sit around and wait for the Box to arrive!

one thing you should do is flip the brake arm coming out the rear hub insert over so it faces up, then run the brake rod through the swing arm (might need to give it an extra bend). it'll save it catching anything on the ground or if you come off, i'll be doing that with mine when i put it together finally :thumbup:

one thing you should do is flip the brake arm coming out the rear hub insert over so it faces up, then run the brake rod through the swing arm (might need to give it an extra bend). it'll save it catching anything on the ground or if you come off, i'll be doing that with mine when i put it together finally :thumbup:

Oh Sweet! Great Tip...didnt even think of that haha

Ill Definitely have to do it with my Two Brothers OTT Brake Pedal once I get it :)

not an overly clear pic but shows you the idea
photo272v.jpg

Ahh Perfect!

What do you think about running a Cradle Mount on the Stock Frame? Im only really light...Im thinking I could get away with not running one. Have you ever used one?

Ahh Perfect!

What do you think about running a Cradle Mount on the Stock Frame? Im only really light...Im thinking I could get away with not running one. Have you ever used one?

My Reeg klx has one one and i've bought one for the BBR build but i've never put one on a stocker- never seen any one rip their pegs off either so i'd think it's fine. neither of my stock builds have had them but they're pretty easy to make too. let me know if you want any measurements before i fit the spare one i've got :thumbup:

i drilled and tapped my klx peg holes to 10mm bolts , seems like it would be pretty tough if i didnt have a cradle . get suspension dialed so it doesnt bottom out and i reckon it would be fine.

i drilled and tapped my klx peg holes to 10mm bolts , seems like it would be pretty tough if i didnt have a cradle . get suspension dialed so it doesnt bottom out and i reckon it would be fine.

Cheers for the Info! Ive decided not to go with one for the time being, "She'll be Right!" haha...

Got a Little Update...

Just finished pulling apart the Wheels

2011-07-12200700.jpg

Damb tyres are a pain to take off! I was going to use the Stock Spokes/Nipples but after discovering most were rusted up or slightly damaged Ive decided to go with a New Set of RedBaron HD Spokes and Nipples Ill have to Order.

Hubs are still in Great Condition though so they will be fine to use. Was going to keep them the Stock Silver colour but just decided to paint them black haha, will look much nicer with the Blue Rims!

Next to do is to get my Forks sorted, wait for my next Lot of Goodies to rock up and Order some more Parts :D

Cheers

Got a litte bored about an hour ago so went along pulling it apart a little more...

2011-07-13200730.jpg

2011-07-13200813.jpg

Meaning more work on it ahead of me haha, Dammit! :)

Not much is happening at the moment due to Funds but was quite Happy with what I received Today! :D

2011-07-26175536.jpg

2011-07-26180300.jpg

So Stoked on the Graphics Kit!

Stil need to Buy a fair few Bits to collect up all the Parts Ive Planned up for this Build!

Hope to have some More Updates soon.

Cheers

dude i excited for ya aye watchin it all come togez preety sick !!

Thanks Buddy!

Decided to keep the Big Girl!

Ordering a whole bunch of Parts Tomorrow :)

Also decided to get everything properly sandblasted/powdercoated including Frame/Swingarm, Fork Legs, Triple Clamps, Hubs, Spokes etc.

Quite Keen as going to actually have money to spend on this again!

Cheers

thats sweet ..def keep it.. it be abit of a slap in the face seenin as ya just got all those goodies to pimp it out haha...lookin forward to finished pic mate

Makin me proud keepin it :)

Im Glad I did! :D

thats sweet ..def keep it.. it be abit of a slap in the face seenin as ya just got all those goodies to pimp it out haha...lookin forward to finished pic mate

Cheers, yeah too true haha.

Funds are limited so might take me longer than what I had planned haha, but lucky I got a BigBike!

Latest posts

Back