Tooradin race April 6th

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How was it ??

Well it was a good day if riding! The track was ridiculously dusty and getting to a dangerous stage towards the end but it was just great to be racing again. Was well over 60 mini riders there. Was great to see the nsw boys there. They have some wicked bikes and definately the skills to go with em.

So all in all a good days riding. Personally I felt better as the day wore on. Was getting to the first turn in the top 2,3 each time. Came second behind coolie in the 1st b grade race and after hole shoting the 2nd I was hit then the kick starter gears gave up. So not the best but still had a smile on my face and in one peice!

Styv looked fast as always on his insane 160ho 10 inch. Reefy was quick but loved the action on the 10 inch open class. Some really good, clean racing.

Looking forward to vcm now hope so see u there Royzaa!!!!

10" gpx 125 hussy :) I race the 125 in 11/12 heats. the HO was a **** bike to ride one heat in the finals Probly cost me a medal lol

10" gpx 125 hussy :) I race the 125 in 11/12 heats. the HO was a **** bike to ride one heat in the finals Probly cost me a medal lol

Mate couldn't tell. But like we said that sort of power was better for the track anyway.

Yea was Awsome power suited for a track like this!! Strongly recommend gpx125 motors

Yeah and they are reasonably priced if your saying they r the goods. Really want a 10 inch to play around on and I think this motor would suit

I reckon it was a great day

Beans bikes are stunning and go like the clappers.

Gerogalis was killin it all day, first 10" to do the 2 doubles i think. That bike fliesssss

It was Styvs day though, 12 moto's in both 10' and 12". You shouldn't have ridden the 160 in that final, you would of for sure got a medal.

So from memory

10"
Styv first
Brad second
Bean third?

12" i totally forget except that i got second, hahaha. Still in shock

Cooly got some swapper award, good effort mate. I think he physically knocked his tank off it's mounts with his shoulder!

All in all I had a great day and next time the event will be even better. A committee should be forming to work out details.

Thanks to the NSW and Tassie crew for coming, and the French connection for coming over as well. Good blokes, couldn't understand a word the little bloke was saying.

53 bikes, a whole lotta moto's, some controversy, it had the lot. Loved it

i had fun

i'm super beaten up now though

i was in first in the second b final and hit a concrete thing with my foot and smashed my fuel cap off the tank and that was my day done......... not very happy about it i was finally starting to gel with the new bike and was looking at a result which is something different for me :)

was mega dangerous with the dust but thats racing you ride to your limits

well done phil on ya 3rd good work for ya first race. staying on ya bike did ya well.

jase was awesome to finally meat ya dude had a ball racing and shootin the **** made my day.

hopefully more better and good things to come we need to get more riders to make this racing more viable. People need to step into the real world motorbike racing is expensive and you need to pay to race

Magic day !
All the boys over the border were super friendly
It's great to put a face behind the names , especially you Brooksy , had a ball hanging out all day , definitely a fun atmosphere and made us feel welcome
Massive thanks to Brad & his family for going out of their way and letting us stay at the shop
1st , 2nd and a 3rd then the bike **** itself so I couldn't race the last 3 rounds was just bad luck

Yea was a good day as we all kno the dust was an issue that was ongoing all day, water truck was ment to be there by 1030 and never showed up! Unlucky on that one. The day was mega full of Motos doing 6 Motos per class. 12" A/B had to under go a grooling basically 3 qualifing heats to get the A/B class sorted!!! I was like WTF dude now we have to do another 3 Motos!

I raced my new gpx125 10" X2R in both 10" open and 12" open and made the pass to A grade class for the last 3 finals which to me was a win win! Mixing it up with the big fellas on big bores was Awsome. Me and kosta crashed hard causing a red flag and a re start was great hahaha mega sore quad from it though but adrenalin was high and I punched on with felt like a lifetime of heats for me.

Reefy brad and robbie knee were well up there in 12 A final Reefy pulling out aswell as Eddie Ciniworx as the finals were heating up they didn't want to push to hard to effect there racing on big bikes today, fair enough I say. Let's not forget the "beans show and shine" event hahaha man those bikes in the flesh are amazing!!! Really nice bikes well maintened and went like the clappers, bean beating me into the 1st corner 5/6 times in 10" open class his bike just had that extra punch to get there! Well done to bean, Alec, Byron and jase coming down was good to put face to the names.. Good bunch of blokes may I say jases little rocket by geez had some legs on it, duno what was in it but was moving at a fast pace.

Results went like this

10" OPEN.
1: Styvan
2: brad smith
3: bean flew

12" A OPEN
1: brad smith
2: robbie knee
3: Jack simpson under 19 ktm sponsored rider on a stock klx lol

Think I managed to pinch 4/5 in A class

12" B OPEN
1: some bloke?
2: Phil on debut
3: some bloke lol

Results were varied as people dropped out in final 3 rounds due to other racing etc

Great day racing happy my bike didn't blow up recommend the gpx125 if anyones looking for a good 125 at $400 a pop I couldn't go past it and I have mine hell yesterday and I think anyone can vouch for it.

Brooksy pulling swapper of ye day LOL well done mate obviously earnt it hahah.

Thanks buzz bikes for getting all the parts and stuff ready for me to race this event much appreciated guys :) VCM in 2 weeks it's a mad scramble for me as I don't have a missiles going but I'll put in the yards to get her done :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Was at the shop today, looking for another round in September ish due to the winter weather killing Tooradin usually.

Styv it was your day mate, running 12 moto's and 2 practices and getting those results was awesome. You, Jase and bean down that back straight was killer, those 10 inchers were flying.

First corner was the best fun I've had with my pants on for years.

Spoke to Gary, the starter, today he wants to get an over 35's class going.

I hope all this continues to get bigger and better.

Thanks fella's for a memorable day. I'm wearing my medal to work tomorrow, lol

Was at the shop today, looking for another round in September ish due to the winter weather killing Tooradin usually.

Styv it was your day mate, running 12 moto's and 2 practices and getting those results was awesome. You, Jase and bean down that back straight was killer, those 10 inchers were flying.

First corner was the best fun I've had with my pants on for years.

Spoke to Gary, the starter, today he wants to get an over 35's class going.

I hope all this continues to get bigger and better.

Thanks fella's for a memorable day. I'm wearing my medal to work tomorrow, lol

Haha good on ya Phil nice work!

Go Phil. Congrats to all riders and supporting the movement. The minibike capital of Australia. All the pics where awesome and some bright getups being worn on the day;)

Latest posts

Back