Toyota Corolla

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monsterpitbike96

Reaction score
hey i just went for a road worthy and got knocked back the rear shoes are flogged out and the the Left hand Front Strut is buggered up iv'e done the rear shoes but im thinking about the strut would I be better off replacing both iv'e found these... 2 Front GAS Struts Holden Nova LE LF ALL Model Shock Absorbers 1989 1994 Pair | eBay

but im not sure about the price im looking for cheaper maybe second hand. Would it be bad if i just replaced the one cause it might sit higher than the other. also got knocked back cause of the steering rack boot is torn

Cheers Joel

do you have any self serve wreckers close by, you might find a good strut there cheap.
i would just replace the 1 if it's only a daily driver.
what year/model is it ?

price them there first, you might find something that's been replaced not long ago ?
clean new looking ones, probably get another steering rack boot too?
although they are about $15ea new, aftermarket anyway

the link for those Ultima struts is a good price too,he is a good seller,
lots of guys from the ford forums buy Ultimas for their Territorys off him too.
for that price, if you can diy, id be buying new if you are keeping the car for the next year or so.
it will drive so much nicer than what it is now
do you have the tools and spring compressors etc to swap them in?

I have a rattle gun and an assortment of tools I do not have spring compressors but super cheap auto sell them pretty cheap. I just recently finished my Cert 2 in automotive passed and did 200 Hours of work experience at Ford, that taught me a lot so I think it wont be very hard I was thinking of adding some pictures when I do it but I don't know yet lol

Cheers mate

yeah do it,
go for the double hooks at each end when you do buy some, less chance of them slipping, they're a lot safer.

got it out this morning only took like 20 mins was easy ill upload a couple of pictures soon

Ok so this morning i started the front Strut i decided to go the the wreckers and get a strut costed me only $30.00 was alright

1.JPG

I took the wheel off the caliper, disk brake like and than i undone the bolts for the McPherson Strut

3.JPG
gotta love a rattle gun
4.JPG

than I undid the top plate bolts than she fell out

5.JPG

6.JPG

Just a little clean
8.JPG

Nice second hand and clean no oil leaks on it at all
9.JPG

than I started to put it back together...

good work, and a cheap fix too.

buying used saves mucking around with spring compressors etc too

ok so I started to put it back together and its pretty easy so here's some pictures

10.JPG

IMGP0114.JPG

and i also had to replace the steering arm boot

IMGP0117.JPG

was forked
IMGP0127.JPG

OK well i'm finishes and here's a picture of the car sitting

IMGP0129.JPG

yeah spotted that one too.

I'm having trouble with sticking throttle it happened to me once before but today for the first time i put premium fuel in it could that do it ? or last time the needle in the carb got caught on the lip where it sits in the carb

do you ever lean the bike up against the wall, or tree, or have recently dropped it on it's r/h side ?
it would be more like the throttle tube is too far onto the handler bar
loosen the 2 throttle clamping screws and move it out a couple of mm's, then tighten the screws again.
and check that the grip isn't binding against the throttle housing, or the throttle tube to the housing.

do you ever lean the bike up against the wall, or tree, or have recently dropped it on it's r/h side ?
it would be more like the throttle tube is too far onto the handler bar
loosen the 2 throttle clamping screws and move it out a couple of mm's, then tighten the screws again.
and check that the grip isn't binding against the throttle housing, or the throttle tube to the housing.

yer thanks that was half the problem I found out that when I put the tank back on it interferes with the throttle cable making it stick i just took the tank off and rerouted it.. It never stops with the bike NOW its not running i think the plug is fouled could premium fuel fouled the plug im guessing not but its the first time the bike has had some in it. and do you know where I could buy a ngk iridium plug ??

premium wont make it run much different to 91 petrol.
it will make a touch more power, and if you have it set up with high compression it will stop it pinging.

i am guessing you are not using premix in it?
so it still has plenty of oil in the oil tank then ?
it may need to be adjusted at where the oil pump cable meets the carby, there is a line to line it up iirc ?

here is an NGK Irridium spark plug for $13.50 including delivery, ex UK
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NGK-IRID..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b686103a&_uhb=1

Latest posts

Back