Toyota Corolla

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
premium wont make it run much different to 91 petrol.
it will make a touch more power, and if you have it set up with high compression it will stop it pinging.

i am guessing you are not using premix in it?
so it still has plenty of oil in the oil tank then ?
it may need to be adjusted at where the oil pump cable meets the carby, there is a line to line it up iirc ?

here is an NGK Irridium spark plug for $13.50 including delivery, ex UK
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NGK-IRID..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b686103a&_uhb=1

Thanks mate I disconnected the oil pump due to not knowing and just a safer option i'm running a 40 to 1 ratio and I think i'm up for a top end rebuild soon there's a lot of piston slap happening

ok,
i'm running Castrol Semi Synthetic 2T at 32/1 in my '84 IT200.

ok,
i'm running Castrol Semi Synthetic 2T at 32/1 in my '84 IT200.

I seen that in one of your posts looks sweet gotta love old bikes they just go and go...(sometimes) i used to run 32/1 but it seemed like to much oil for my liking it made the bike sluggish fouled a lot of plugs but i might buy one of them iridium plugs do they make a difference ?

yeah they do,
they have a better spark, they burn more of the fuel, so you make a little more power,
and the bike runs more efficiently.
the Irridium spark plugs also last a lot longer, as they don't have the big electrode surface area to foul up

my IT still has the original decal on the fuel tank saying to run 25/1
i'm still running the engine in too, need to do another 150kms.
mine is pretty high compression, has blown out 2 base gaskets so far.

when you kick it over with the plug out and earthed to the motor, what colour is your spark ?
have you ever replaced your coil, lead or spark plug cap ?

the Irridium plugs need a different spark plug cap too, (dont have to run them, but best to) a low Ohms, or non resistor type, as the plug has a built in resistor
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KR-Zundk...rrad_Kraftradteile&hash=item25780a0d5d&_uhb=1

Last edited:
I get a light blue. I was gonna buy that plug you showed me but now im tossing up to buy it now cause I want spares and I don't wanna have to wait for postage but its the cheaper alternative buying them on eBay but can you use standard plugs with that different spark plug cap?

I'm not sure about the Coil, lead or cap they look standard but the cap says NGK I think that's standard going buy eBay replacement coils and caps.

Cheers Mate

nah, the standard plugs use a 5 Ohm spark plug cap
you can run the Irridium plug with the cap you have now, it just drops the spark voltage a touch, hardly noticable.
to buy the Irridiums locally, the recommended retail is around $23ea

the light blue spark sounds ok,
the coil needs replacing when it gives off a yellowish spark at the plug.

nah, the standard plugs use a 5 Ohm spark plug cap
you can run the Irridium plug with the cap you have now, it just drops the spark voltage a touch, hardly noticable.
to buy the Irridiums locally, the recommended retail is around $23ea

the light blue spark sounds ok,
the coil needs replacing when it gives off a yellowish spark at the plug.

Ok I might get the cap and the iridium plug..

I just got a job a couple weeks ago and i'm keen to spend some coin on my bike like a top end rebuild pro reeds maybe port and polish, electrics also looking to buy a 125, 140 or a 160. I sold my little 125cc pit bike to buy the ts

mq1.jpg

It was an alright bike but I was riding my mates 125 and I thought to my self I gotta get another pit bike

Latest posts

Back