tripple clamp stem thread rounded??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seansport 110cc

Reaction score
i was given a xsport 110cc wiv many problems i luv to work on bikes nd that so i decided to take it apart nd work on it, when i was takin of the forks from the frame i realised the thread on the stem had rounded and the bolt is stuck i cant loosen it as the stem bolt just spins, i dont want to spend no money on the thing jus wondering if any know anything i can do to tighten it up so the forks dont wobble nd i can get rid of the banger:ballchain::boom::fumeur7:

thanks alot :drum::food-smiley-005:

weld it!? JB weld it!? grind it off and put a new $1.00 bolt into it..

or you mean the actual HEADSET bolt? holding the triple clamps on?! :/
if so my last post can be forgotten and your basic only option is to force the old one off, and replace with a new one.. Try levering it up with a decent flat blade screw driver, whist you undo it..

Dont be a tight arse, you will feel like a complete twat if you sell it to some poor unsuspecting kid, who dosnt realise the dangerous situation they are in with a dodgy front end.. spend the 30 quid and get a new unit and sell it confidently and with the knowledge you done the right thing.

Hell.. Ill even give you UK ebay links...

45mm TRIPLE CLAMPS FOR PIT BIKE UPSIDEDOWN FORKS YOKES | eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Red-Billet-Stem-Clamp-Nut-Honda-CRF50-KLX110-

THUMPSTAR PIT BIKE UPPER & LOWER TRIPLE CLAMPS YOKES | eBay

Last edited:
yeah i was lookin for a new set but i cudnt find the right ones, how can i get the stem bolt out the dont it need to be pressed out ot can i do it myself?

Latest posts

Back