Trouble Shooting... Gears

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

I have had a few problems with gears on my china 125 pitty, its a bit hard to get into nuetral when i want to and sometimes it slips from 2nd into neutral and its also stiff and hard to change at the best of times...

Any advice is needed.

Cheers, Mark.

i have a simalar problem...

Sometimes its easy as hell to get into neutral and other times its a pain in the rear...!

its all about how tightly you have adjusted ur clutch cable.
to loose and it will have lots a resistance to engaging gears.
to tight and it will change easy but engaged a lilwhen the lever is fully open.

sorrry to dig up an old thread but though it was better than starting a new one. iv got a problem where i have just replaced a bearing in my centre case and upon putting the motor back together it will jam in neutral. i pulled it back apart and the problem is the clutch, i put it on and tighten it up when the gear box is in neutral and then the output shaft will turn as if its in first when in neutral. take the clutch off and its spins freely again? is the problem i have the washers around the wrong way?

sorrry to dig up an old thread but though it was better than starting a new one. iv got a problem where i have just replaced a bearing in my centre case and upon putting the motor back together it will jam in neutral. i pulled it back apart and the problem is the clutch, i put it on and tighten it up when the gear box is in neutral and then the output shaft will turn as if its in first when in neutral. take the clutch off and its spins freely again? is the problem i have the washers around the wrong way?

sounds like some sort of spacing/shim issue..

how much end float does the clutch shaft have?

Ill check when I get home but its not alot sean, the washers have me stumped now lol ill put up a pic of the ones I have left

Cant rememeber what order they go on the clutch

okay theres no play in the clutch shaft at all

well theres ya problem..

you may have a shim in the box in the wrong location..

check the end float on the sprocket shaft too

and which washers are you talking about??

theres heaps in the end float in the sprocket shaft and none in the clutch shaft

the washers that go on the clutch shaft (clutch side)

its also a yx150 bottom end

so you talking about the 2 washers between the clutch basket and the clutch hub..

fat one in first, turn it in the slot on the shaft then slide the thin washer on so the 3 teeth lock into the fat washer... the thin washer stops the fat washer from spinning..

no end float means splitting the engine again lol...

jesus haha

what should i look for when i split it? i put the gear box together exactly how it came apart and had nothing left over

is it just the clutch shaft part of the gear box i should be looking at?

hard to say from reading here but no end play on that shaft means thats the first thing to look at..

might just need a thinner shim under the case bearing

Latest posts

Back